Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is this for?

• 02-11-2011 1:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

Hi - looking for a little help with this one please. I have this white blank in my upstairs bathroom (duplex apartment, newly built). I thought it would contain speaker wires behind it - the whole apartment came pre wired, but instead, it has this. Sorry for bad photo quality. It has two coiled thick enough wires. One goes up into some sort of ducting, the other goes left. Any idea what these are for? Thanks?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,501 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It looks like a temperature sensor, might be connected to the central heating system. As the temperature in the room changes the resistance of that coil changes and there is a thermostat somewhere else in the house monitoring it.

I could be wrong but if that wire coil is bare metal then I'd say it's definitely a temperature sensor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭steamsey

cool thanks. it is bare metal. i tugged on it to see if anything else came along but it doesn't move.

it does seem to come into the bathroom from the kitchen (where thermostat is) and then head out to the left towards the upstairts bedroom....but there is no rad in the bathroom so could it still be a thermostat?

I have a bundle of wires in the living room in a central unit under the gas boiler, where the amp goes and one is labelled upstairs bathroom so i was expecting these to be speaker wires....will have to hunt around now but can't see where there'd be.

Advertisement