Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

firearms stolen

Options
  • 02-11-2011 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Yesterday 1st of november my 3 firearms were stolen from the gunsafe in my home, a lanber over under shotgun, a cz452 .22lr and a tikka t3 lite stainless in .25-06.

If anyone hears anything about these firearms please pm me, discretion assured.

1130716.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    1130719.jpg

boydsr.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

The Fu%%%%S:mad:!!! Dammit I feel you pain on this one brother!!Not just the loss of the guns ,but the officaldom ****estorm heading your way too!!:(:(
    Think it is a given that we'll all keep an ear to the ground for these.:)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Justashotgun

Sorry to read here that you got your firearms stolen, I hope you get them back soon enough, and the guys that stole them get caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Thats fairly ****e, hope you get them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

F*&King W*!%ers!!!!

The thing is you'll probably be treated like the criminal now !!!!!

It's not just the loss of your firearms, but the violation that someone was in your home.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭virminhunter

everything on my end was tip top,they couldnt get the safe off the wall, it was the safe let me down they managed to get the door open with a nailbar
    don't buy buffalo river safes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

Hope they get caught and you get your property back. Can I ask you if they were after the guns specificaly or if it was a random burglary?

Hope they get caught and you get your property back. Can I ask you if they were after the guns specificaly or if it was a random burglary?

its hard to call, they only took the guns and there was plenty of other easy robs around the house, yet they didn't come prepared for a safe they used my tools to get it open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

its hard to call, they only took the guns and there was plenty of other easy robs around the house, yet they didn't come prepared for a safe they used my tools to get it open.

Well if you have a safe that meets the ISO/BS standard (which you did) then there's not a lot of blame that can go at your door.

Were the bolts in the rifles? I must start storing my bolts separately myself...

Glensman wrote: »
    Well if you have a safe that meets the ISO/BS standard (which you did) then there's not a lot of blame that can go at your door.

Were the bolts in the rifles? I must start storing my bolts separately myself...

yeah I had the bolts hidden in the back of the wardrobe but they wrecked my room searching for the safe keys(which were with me) and must have found them while doing so, they didn't find any ammo though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

yeah I had the bolts hidden in the back of the wardrobe but they wrecked my room searching for the safe keys(which were with me) and must have found them while doing so, they didn't find any ammo though.

Then you did all you could do mate... Feel sorry for you- look like nice guns.

I used to keep a padlock through the mag-well. But sure if someone can get into the safe then the pad-lock will mean nothing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭rabbit assassin

That makes me feel so sick to hear , Im very sorry for the trouble you have to go through. I myself have a buffalo river safe but when buying it the dealer said it has a "fold" inside the door so it cant be opened with a nail bar or jimmy bar ! Now I dont know after reading this. Fair play to you for taking the bolts out , By the sounds of things they knew what they were looking for if they got the bolts. Absolutely sickening and no doubt the authorities will try put the blame on you. The same thing happened a friend of mine and it took years for him to be granted a firearms license again but the cnuts pulled the safe off the wall and through the hallway with a jeep or something. They had plenty of time on their hands as they had been watching the house and knew my friend was gone for the day. They were able to break enough of the wall away behind the safe so is to strap a chain round and yank it out. At the end of the day you took all the safety precautions you could take and at least no ammo was got. Sorry again to hear your trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭pancuronium

Sh1t sorry to hear that man! if I hear anything i'll let you know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

if they really want to get the safe and they have enough time you wont be able to stop them all you can hope for is to delay them,try keep tools that they could use to break in to the safe away from it,and like vhunter did keep the ammo and bolts hidden!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭zlezlius

So sorry to hear that mate. It sickens me,F..n bas....ds!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭thebull09

I feel you pain man only last year my house was broken into and and the scum managed to wedge the door of the safe open and bend back one of the cornors {buffalo river safe} and got the double barrel shotgun.

Some people say that you will have a horrid time from cops when it comes to applying for another licence, In my experiance the Guards couldnt have been nicer saying i had all the safty precausions in order, and when i did apply for another licence i was only waiting two weeks.

Anyhow i hope they catch the scum and you get your guns back

thebull09 wrote: »
    I feel you pain man only last year my house was broken into and and the scum managed to wedge the door of the safe open and bend back one of the cornors {buffalo river safe} and got the double barrel shotgun.

Some people say that you will have a horrid time from cops when it comes to applying for another licence, In my experiance the Guards couldnt have been nicer saying i had all the safty precausions in order, and when i did apply for another licence i was only waiting two weeks.

Anyhow i hope they catch the scum and you get your guns back

thanks Bull, the Guards were gentleman with me too and said the same about my safty precautions, they got into my safe the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭fitzy700

sorry to hear about that virminhunter hope you get them back as soon as possible with a bit of luck the guards might catch them quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Alan 1990

Sorry to hear that man I hope you get them back soon and the d**kheads are caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

I feel for ya man.

I can't believe the cheeky f*****s use your tools to open the safe.

Do you mind me asking what sort of safe it was?

It might be worth your while to give the serial numbers to some RFDs incase they turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭thelurcher

Guns can be easily replaced so put it in perspective. It would be a lot worse if they stole something like your dogs which was happening in Cork last month.
    Did you ring the insurance company? Must they be itemized on your policy?
    Do you need receipts etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭stick shooter

Sorry to hear what happened . Hope something good comes out of it and they are recovered .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭tfox

Totally sucks mate :mad:

Friend of mine had his guns stolen out of a buffalo river safe couple years back. I had personally bolted it to the wall for him, but they just bent open the door, ridiculously small tab of steel for the lock to act against !!

He was gutted, 22lr, 12b semi and a family heirloom 16b, luckily he had his brand new sauer with him. He had a fitted alarm thet rand preset numbers if tripped, this was before the new regs even, but ****ers just cut the phone line before they went in !!

He was extremely lucky in that the guards recieved a tipoff and found them all stashed in a derelict cottage, all intact :eek:

I since turned his office into a strong room with a door made out of 6mm still and 6 locking points, now with a monitored alarm, love see the B&ST&RDS try get through that !!

If ever I build my own house I'll do the same !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

You should look into eircom phone watch and individual sensors on all doors and windows. It's expensive to get put in but gives real peace of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭tfox

Hibrion wrote: »
    You should look into eircom phone watch and individual sensors on all doors and windows. It's expensive to get put in but gives real peace of mind.

As an NARGC member they have a reduced rate with an alarm monitoring company. My friend shopped around and there are quite a few, eircom were the dearest. I fitted an alarm myself where I work, not a whole lot to it, the company just came round and inspected it and set it up with there control centre.

The one he got had a nice touch to it, if someone broke in and forced you to turn off the alarm, if you typed in the code, but changed the last digit +1, it turned off the alarm but also alerted the guards straight away.

If your code was 1234, you put in 1235 and the guards are on the way :rolleyes:

I'm gonna make a certain romm which has stone walls all round into a fortress, make my own safe out of thick steel and reinforced concrete inside that room, safe within a safe. argos wireless cctv camera seem cheap and effective too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

the fithy animals
    sorry to hear that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

For what its worth if a criminal wants your firearms and they are in the safe they will if they have the time get the guns by whatever means. I had this conversation with the local FO and CPO only recently. Most burglaries ar opportunistic and the fact the guns are in a safe/cabinet bolted to the wall means its too hard to get at. These lads had time... A friend of mines was robbed recently only realised it when he couldnt find his wallet, then the wife couldnt find her purse, then the kids wondered where the lap top was, guns werent touched

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Wish you luck in getting them back mate and hope them low lives get what's coming to them.!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

Sorry to hear your guns were swiped, another simple security idea is to have two short lengths of thick chain welded to each side of the gun safe , pass it through the actions or trigger guards of the guns and lock it with a good quality padlock, even if they do get the door open it'll take them another while to get through the chain, it only costs 20 or 30 euros so is worth doing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭ballsacky

Sorry to hear that lad.Hope you get them back and the thieves get their comeuppance.

Advertisement