Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non HDMI --> HDMI Upgrade options?

Options
  • 02-11-2011 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a 360 without a HDMI output and I'm looking to upgrade it to a newer model with a HDMI output.

Are there shops that will take the trade in and if there are where offers the best value?

It's a 4GB Version, unmodified and was a replacement box I got from Microsoft after my launch model got RROD.

Not too sure on what version I should be looking to upgrade to, Elite? I'm a pretty light user but one of the big uses I make of it is to watch movies so I'm guessing HDMI is the way to go.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭hous

if you watch movies you need the S model, as the fan is much quieter...got to go with the250gb model,4gb just doesnt cut it...some great deals out there, try the bargain alert forum €230 for 250gb model, 2 games and 12 month XBL @ amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

TBH there isnt much difference between HDMI and Component, HDMI is slightly crisper but its barely noticible.

But yes all in all the 360 S is a good buy, very quiet and looks nicer too i think!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Thanks for that.

Do ye have any opinions on the trade in side of the question? I don't want to be left with 2 xboxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

If it doesn't have a HDMI slot its not going to be worth a whole pile trading in (only the older, more failure prone consoles didn't have HDMI), you would be better off selling it separately on adverts or something.

Advertisement