Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charities in Mullingar

Options
  • 02-11-2011 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know what charities exist in Mullingar? I want to donate something for Christmas and I would prefer to do so to the smaller local charities rather than the larger ones like St Vincent de Paul.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

try Teach Fáilte on the Green Rd. They taken in ''battered women'' and their kids for emergency accomodation.

Or try The Open Door Project whoes funding has been cut. They are down to a 3 day week I believe trying to help drug users. They are in Patrick St. near Westend Motors. Both will never have enough donations and are too busy to ask all the time...

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭binxeo

There is a toy run happening on the 11th of December starting in the Esso on the N4 heading towards Mullingar. The toys are donated to Bethany House a womens refuge in Longford that does very good work with battered women and their children and the toys also go to the children's wing of Mullingar Hospital. If you are interested in donating toys or womens toiletries which are both really needed please send me a pm and I will give you some more details.

Advertisement