Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paperless Faxing

• 02-11-2011 2:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭

Hello All,

Looking to help a relative ditch the fax machine for good and move towards a paperless solution. They wouldn't be a heavy user, up to about 50 pages a month maximum, but they do unfortunately need the horrible device. I've been looking around for either a device which can sit on the network and handle faxes or perhaps a service through which the faxes can be directed and then e-mailed on. The major sticking point is that the current fax number has to be kept.

Any info or help would be greatly appreciated,
    Antar.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Hello All,

Looking to help a relative ditch the fax machine for good and move towards a paperless solution. They wouldn't be a heavy user, up to about 50 pages a month maximum, but they do unfortunately need the horrible device. I've been looking around for either a device which can sit on the network and handle faxes or perhaps a service through which the faxes can be directed and then e-mailed on. The major sticking point is that the current fax number has to be kept.

Any info or help would be greatly appreciated,
    Antar.

There are many fax to email services available:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

A bit more searching and I think I can do this from within WinXP. Cheers for the links though, I'll check them out.

Advertisement