Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Timeline do you hope GTA V will be set?

• 02-11-2011 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

Have to say the early 90s gets my vote, it was the trashy corporate American image that made San Andreas great. :D

When? 43 votes

60s
    0% 0 votes
    70s
    0% 0 votes
    80s
    9% 4 votes
    90s
    4% 2 votes
    Present Day
    18% 8 votes
    Other
    67% 29 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Now would be a pretty good timeline what with the recession encouraging crime an all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Don't think they'll have it set in a decade they've already done, so I'd say it would be the 70's or more likely the present day. If it's a city they've done before then the 70's, if it's a new one then the present day. Wouldn't mind seeing Las Venturas in the 70's myself but I won't care either way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,017 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think with the importance of the email/Internet and especially the importance of the phone in the last game, we'll likely see another present day setting. Or at least late 90's.

Then again, I'd f*cking love a late 60's/early 70's setting. The fun they could get out of that would be incredible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

90's please! I'd hate a present day San Andreas, if I must be honest, modern Hip Hop is ****.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,582 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Well, the trailer makes it pretty damn obvious it's going to be a modern-day, recession-era epic!

I'd be very surprised if it was any other era going by the evidence! 90s aren't out of the question, but wouldn't really fit with the themes suggested by the teaser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

modern day/2012 doom's day:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,277 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Well, the trailer makes it pretty damn obvious it's going to be a modern-day, recession-era epic!

I'd be very surprised if it was any other era going by the evidence! 90s aren't out of the question, but wouldn't really fit with the themes suggested by the teaser.
    Thought that myself but the Range Rover that you see in the trailer is very modern age. The 4Chan thing about it being a sequel to IV may not be too far off...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Looks to be modern day anyway or in and around 2006.

After looking at the trailer closer you can see a white Landstalker on the highway.

http://gta.wikia.com/Landstalker

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 538 ✭✭✭little big planet 2

yeah it ll be fairly modern because i saw mini cooper and a mash between the ferrari califorina and they aston v8 vantage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Its confirmed by Rockstar to be present day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

As well as the audi r8"

Advertisement