Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Militant Pro-Choicers in Ireland

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭NotForResale

Yeah condoms split, it's happened to me and other men I'm sure, she got the morning after pill and that was the problem solved.

Also not always 100% effective, and according to a lot the "Medical Professionals" that frequent YD it can be an abortifacient..i wouldn't take them seriously though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

so lets see, YD are:

anti-contraception
    anti-MAP
    anti-abortion
    anti-gay

Must be fun living in the 50's.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭getuponthis

People should be allowed to make their own choices without getting abuse from others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

krudler wrote: »
    so lets see, YD are:

anti-contraception
    anti-MAP
    anti-abortion
    anti-gay

My brain isn't functioning as it should, what is this?

so lets see, YD are:

anti-contraception
    anti-MAP
    anti-abortion
    anti-gay

And

Anti-HPV vaccine
    Anti-IVF

Even if i was prolife i wouldn't associate with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Also not always 100% effective, and according to a lot the "Medical Professionals" that frequent YD it can be an abortifacient..i wouldn't take them seriously though.

Personally I'd agree with abortion in cases of rape/incest or when the mothers life is at risk.

I'm just making the point that when both partners use contraception and if an accident occurs during sex then use the MA pill it should be ok in most cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

kowloon wrote: »
    My brain isn't functioning as it should, what is this?

morning after pill.

Personally I'd agree with abortion in cases of rape/incest or when the mothers life is at risk.

I'm just making the point that when both partners use contraception and if an accident occurs during sex then use the MA pill it should be ok in most cases.

But never 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

ash23 wrote: »
    Irish women have the right to travel for abortion and if you were pro-choice then that would be the end of it as far as you were concerned. Not about why they were going to do so, just that it was their choice to do so.

In my experience pro-choice also kind of means respecting the decisions of others. So a pro-choice person would respect the right of someone to be pro-life. They might not agree with them but they respect their beliefs and don't try to change them. They just try to prevent people having their choice removed from them or interfered with.

And until we do away with a "right to travel" and replace it with a "right to remain and have your abortion if that is your choice" Ireland will remain a hypocritical nation.

As to YD being Anti-HPV vaccine, seriously? Fcuking Muppets!

• Advertisement

MadsL wrote: »

As to YD being Anti-HPV vaccine, seriously? Fcuking Muppets!

yup page 13, they claim because its been linked deaths, but you could find tenuous links like that for just about any vaccine, its just a coincidence YD picked a vaccine that many fundamentalists erroneously claim would promote promiscuity.

edit:
    Youth defence giving out about the HPV vaccines :

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭robp

so lets see, YD are:

anti-contraception
    anti-MAP
    anti-abortion
    anti-gay

Well, obviously they don't currently campaign against contraception so I don't see the issue really.

IVF is is entirely unregulated in this country. With Little Regulation, IVF poses ethical dilemmas. Almost all European countries have no laws to regulate this. Frankly, our lack of concern on this issue makes me nervous.

robp wrote: »
    Well, obviously they don't currently campaign against contraception so I don't see the issue really.

IVF is is entirely unregulated in this country. With Little Regulation, IVF poses ethical dilemmas. Almost all European countries have no laws to regulate this. Frankly, our lack of concern on this issue makes me nervous.

These other issue are ones they want their supporters to also support and lobby for in the background.They'll tone down these other views down for the moment because abortion is in the news again and that technical group should be done soon, they don't want to risk losing the support to their group of people less informed of their views.

Their page is full of people on high horses saying "these girls should have used contraceptives" completely unaware Youth Defence is against these things.

As for the IVF, they're completely against any for of prenatal screening and would likely demand every egg fertilized for the procedure be implanted in woman so it can be brought to term.

Advertisement