Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF3 or MW3??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

hightower1 wrote: »
    Hit detection in BF is terrible, so many hit markers. Just there I was on the market map....shotgunned a guy with 12gauge round to the head in the open from about 2m away, got a hit marker and he takes me out with 3 rounds from a silenced 1911 - ridiculous. I took note of how bad this gets and had the UMP unsilenced and it took half a mag to put a guy down at short range yet someone with a magpul pdw took me out with 3...yes...3... rounds on metro at close range.

I haven't really noticed much of a problem myself in killing people, are you playing core or hardcore?

Not to mention the spawn killing, the amount of times I have spawned and been killed within 2 seconds - literally - is a bad joke.

I have definitely noticed the issue with spawning, i was running up a stairs in a building on the left of A on conquest on the map Seine and Dunworth from the opposite team literally spawned in front of me which was great for me as i took him out easily but I can only imagine the cursing that was coming from him as it happened!

Been playing for a week now and already sick of it. Will prob trade it in for mw3 on tue. Battlefield seems to want to pick and choose its pros like bing more "realistic" yet a barret 50 cal sniper gets a hit marker to the chest and the same with shotguns? It wants to tote having vehicles but yet the choppers / jets handle terribly. It wants to promote slow team based tactical gameplay yet multiple times in a match you'll get killed within seconds of spawning in?

It'd be superb if it managed to get these sorted (along with the glitches and on par graphics) but I cant see that happening. After giving this a fair shot I can definitely advise go for MW3 if you can only get one game. The quality just isnt present in this game to warrant all its big talk for 6 months up to its release.

I have noticed a few glitches myself and the boosting which is really annoying but i imagine this will be sorted out, it hasn't really affected my overall experience.

I will picking MW3 up also, i think both games will be great and will keep me going for the next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Nagin

Ya i have both

Never played BF3 before I got it but its unreal. Its well put together and multiplayer is sick. Big maps and in my opinion better players.

Im sure its been said a 100 times but there hard to compare. Battlefield is a simulation while CoD is an arcade game.

That being said CoD suits my style of game play, ruch into combat and kill,kill,kill. I tried this in BF3 and before I could get anywhere close to the action I was dead.

One shot and your gone. Im not a brilliant player but im not crap either but I just couldnt get used to BF3. Most kills i got was 6 and 2 of them were from a tank.

MW3 is a different beast. Its alot more user friendly and I find the controls more responsive. Im never going back to BF after 2 hours with MW3

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Darragh18

ok lads i have rugby world cup 2011 and i was just wondering is there anyway to check the online world ranking in the game for xbox 360 because can't really find any good competition in the game.

Gametag;King Darragh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Darragh18 wrote: »
    ok lads i have rugby world cup 2011 and i was just wondering is there anyway to check the online world ranking in the game for xbox 360 because can't really find any good competition in the game.

Gametag;King Darragh

Maybe try here with your question

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74050385

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Been playng mw3 since tue, and am getting a bit sick of it.Finding it by far the worst cod to date. Gonna give it a chance and see if it grows on me but am seriously considering trading it in against bf3.
    Nearly all other cod games had kd over 1.5, on this its dropping at a shocking rate, find the hit detection awful.Played for a few hours tonight and the highest amount of kills I got was about 22 but about 30 deaths. The lag is also fecking terrible at times.
    Anyone else play the two games yet and could recommend either over the other?
    Have also heard that bf3 has a few online problems so not sure about it.(played bad company 2,wasn't crazy bout it but loved medal of honour)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Meatwad wrote: »
    Have also heard that bf3 has a few online problems so not sure about it.(played bad company 2,wasn't crazy bout it but loved medal of honour)

Being a big CoD fan who couldn't get into either BC I was surprised at how much I enjoyed BF3. I thought the single player was better and found the multi player to be different enough that I found it quite enjoyable. Now I was generally only playing TDM on BF3 and that maybe why I got into it more then BC as it more suited the type of game I was looking for (currently mic less so getting into the other game modes isn't great).

truthfully both are problematic and I think MW3 is by far a more polished multiplayer experience (e.g. in BF3 I can't get out of a lobby during match intervals or set up classes during that time:confused:) but for those who find MW3 a bit same ol same ol, BF3 can be a quite enjoyable change

Advertisement