Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting help

• 02-11-2011 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

I was absent for the whole chapter on depreciation in Accounting. I got the notes but my teacher won't go over it again. I'm in 5th year at the moment and I'm counting on Accounting for an A.
    Does anyone know of any websites that teach it from the beginning? Or does anyone have any tips? I tried the David Wilson site but it doesn't seem to have it. Some people have bought the Revise Wise revision book but they say it's really complicated (I think we're only doing ordinary level things at the moment), should I buy it? Also, has anyone used the Eircom study hub and what did you think?
    Thanks for any advice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

Edit- Only saw the end of you post now where you asked about Study Hub originally so made half my original post irrelevant!

Eircom Study Hub have a 34 minute video going through the straight line method of depreciation in Accounting. Study hub is free as well I believe.

This should help in Depreciation for you. I found Study Hub helpful if a bit slow.

I don't think Depreciation through the straight line method is very difficult anyway although reducing balance method is a bit tougher.

(Disclaimer: I don't think there is a video explaining the reducing balance method in study hub but if you have any questions fire away and I'll try to answer.)

Advertisement