Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying MW3: Availability/Price - Post Here.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Yup heading in later to either beg,borrow or steal it,ill do anything to get it before AGB_Ghost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

They ran out of black ops, and Modern warfare 1 and 2 for the first few weeks didn't they? I definitely remember the job I had getting MW1 in 2007 and black ops in 2010.

Anyway, there's a midnight launch at the HMV I preordered at, on grafton street. But even if I got the nite link home, I'd be waiting an hour, school in the morning, **** that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

I walked into HMV for MW2 just after 12 and it was empty.
    Hope this will be the case tomorrow night, I pre-ordered the Hardened edition. If they don't have it for me I'll snap.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

if someoe posts a recipt gamestop will sell it

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

hardened edition looks luverly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Ordin73

I walked into HMV for MW2 just after 12 and it was empty.
    Hope this will be the case tomorrow night, I pre-ordered the Hardened edition. If they don't have it for me I'll snap.:pac:

Ive some bad news for u Walshy
    http://geektech.ie/?p=1901

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Any tescos northside opening at midnight for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

caspa307 wrote: »
    if someoe posts a recipt gamestop will sell it

Is this true ? ? Please someone post one :-) c-mon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Duff

God dammit why didn't I pre-order hardened? :(

Ordin73 wrote: »
    Ive some bad news for u Walshy
    http://geektech.ie/?p=1901

You missed the last paragraph:
    UPDATE
    There has been an update from HMV, They have stated that they will in fact be getting the Hardened edition afterall, Also anyone who cancelled there pre-orders because of the original error have nothing to worry about, There pre-orders will be honoured. So as long as you have a pre-order from HMV already then you shouldn’t have an issue getting the hardened edition of the game on launch day.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

Most likely getting MW3 on release day, at GAME Dundrum, but does anybody reckon it will be sold out by 12(PM) on release day or should I go to midnight release(Getting a half day off school for this see so I couldn't get it any earlier..)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'd say there'll b plenty of standard copies to go around, a shop running out would be a joke, they'd be literally giving customers to other stores

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

There's hardly ever any stock issues with games, especially major releases like MW3.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Have you looked around? I remember when BOps came out Game were charging €65, Tesco across the way from Game in Dundrum was charging €45 and finally Harvey Norman were giving the game for €37.77.

Shop around! Game is the most expensive store for buying games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

NeVeR wrote: »
    Is this true ? ? Please someone post one :-) c-mon

ive been speaking to the manager of gs next door to the shop i work in all they need is proof that its not an online delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

Any tescos northside opening at midnight for this?
    I think Clarehall and Finglas are 24 hr

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Bonesy. wrote: »
    Most likely getting MW3 on release day, at GAME Dundrum, but does anybody reckon it will be sold out by 12(PM) on release day or should I go to midnight release(Getting a half day off school for this see so I couldn't get it any earlier..)

Was in there earlier and they said they should have copies, was only a 2.50 deposit to pre-order though

**** :( I just used my 60 euro dundrum voucher up the other day, all I have is 40 euro GAME now so that'd be 25 extra, 65 euro..jaysus :O

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

What would be 65 euro?

Was talking to a guy in game earlier and he said my 52 euro worth of trade ins should be enough to cover the cost of mw3, though he couldn't officially 'tell' me the price.

Tesco won't release price until 12 am Tuesday.
    Have heard nothing from Harvey normans yet.

• Advertisement

Hope its 52 at max..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Are gamestop doing that trade in of bf3 and get mw3 for 99c?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

bush wrote: »

I think thats a UK only offer, they are doing the trade in 3 games and get it for 3 euro deal though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

bush wrote: »
    Don't think so just dropped off my copy of BF3 to trade in against my hardened edition and they gave me basically € 43.50 off it

gcgirl wrote: »
    Don't think so just dropped off my copy of BF3 to trade in against my hardened edition and they gave me basically € 43.50 off it

You didn't get a bad price for it in fairness.

Just to let people know there is a best MW3 price thread on Bargain alerts now so keep an eye on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Yeah 25% extra when you trade in and pre order. €35 for the game plus the 25%, good offer considering its going to cost another €10 for the online pass. Think I'll be getting it at smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

€49.99 in Smyths,all stores doing a midnight launch. Should be decent free stock as well as pre order available. €44.99 on PC by the by

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 unknownNinja

Anyone know where the midnight release is happening around dublin city...or which xtravisions are opening ?

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dubal

Most Game stores and the 24 hour tesco's anyhow

and all Smyths

Dubal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Anyone know where the midnight release is happening around dublin city...or which xtravisions are opening ?

Smyths in Jervis, always great craic for a midnight launch

Advertisement