Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying MW3: Availability/Price - Post Here.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

On a side note does anyone know if HMV Cork are opening for midnight release? I totally forgot to find out if they were!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭kessler182

Mine also says confirmed - really hoping it gets here on Tuesday since I also payed for express delivery!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Oleary_1988

First time poster long time lurker , anyone know if gamestop in the Cresent Limerick are doing a midnight opening?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Gers_punto

Not sure about the cresent but the parkway are, I ordered mine today

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

On a side note does anyone know if HMV Cork are opening for midnight release? I totally forgot to find out if they were!

I think so. They did last year anyways.
    First time poster long time lurker , anyone know if gamestop in the Cresent Limerick are doing a midnight opening?

On gamestops facebook page, they say that ALL stores will be doing a midnight release.

Anyone know if there would be a chance of getting a hardened copy in Cork? Won't be able to go in to town till 12ish, if not later.

• Advertisement

Gers_punto wrote: »
    Not sure about the cresent but the parkway are, I ordered mine today
    Cheers bud

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

noob question here but

Is it on general sale now after 12 or 24 hours time

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

I suppose it was a bad call pre ordering from gamestop in blanch then :rolleyes: DOH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

yayamark wrote: »
    noob question here but

Is it on general sale now after 12 or 24 hours time

23 hours and 34 minutes ... I'm not counting! >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Didn't end up pre-ordering so hoping to head down and grab the hardened edition on launch in some Dublin city store, wonder if that's actually likely and what size stock, if any, will be left after the pre-orders collect??

• Advertisement

On gamestops facebook page, they say that ALL stores will be doing a midnight release.

Thanks Bud didn't realise thy had a facebook page...PS how do i like a post sorry for taking off topic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Thanks Bud didn't realise thy had a facebook page...PS how do i like a post sorry for taking off topic

Press the thumbs up button in the bottom right hand corner of a post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

A number of posters were infracted because of inappropriate language, and for insulting other members. Remember this is a thread made specifically to ask about Mw3 prices, availability and shop opening times ahead of the midnight release. If you take offense with a post please remember to use the report button (report.gif)and not engage with the poster on the thread.

Consider this a last warning before bans are handed out.

Edit: Baldy, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't see this warning. The bickering ends now, bans to follow for people engaging in it, if it doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

Gettin fairly annoyed that I wont be able to get a hardened edition and founder status and stuff :(

If I get the regular version and bought a years worth of elite outright, can I get founder status still?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Tesco won't release price until 12 am Tuesday.
    Have heard nothing from Harvey normans yet.

Was told that Harvey Norman won't be getting the game in till the middle of this month which seems unusual. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Anyone have any idea if the 24hr Tesco's in Limerick will be selling on launch date? And do they do introductory prices like in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

Is it true that only gamestop got hardened editions of the game??? If so, why do they seem to have **** all copies of it??? Seems so silly to dedicate sale to one agent and for that agent to only have a tightly limited amount per store??? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Gettin fairly annoyed that I wont be able to get a hardened edition and founder status and stuff :(

If I get the regular version and bought a years worth of elite outright, can I get founder status still?

Ya have I think a week to get elite... Anyone that has it before the date will have founder status... I'll try find it now..

Edit:
    http://www.callofduty.com/founder
    You don't need to enter your code to become a Founder, simply activate a premium membership by November 13th and you'll be a Founder automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,975 ✭✭✭nerd69

just moved to cork where have ye found the best place to buy games localy

• Registered Users Posts: 28 alimegs

With the game released tomorrow is anyone aware of anywhere is town that is opening at midnight? Will Tescos have it at 12??

Also any idea on prices?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Anyone know if there would be a chance of getting a hardened copy in Cork? Won't be able to go in to town till 12ish, if not later.

I'll try ring later to make sure. Don't want to go in at 12 to find it is closed!.

@ner69 I would say either Tesco or HMV for around 45 euro. Nothing confirmed yet but they would be the best bet.
    HMV is on Patricks street near the blue Mc Donalds and Tesco is in paul street centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Does anyone know if tesco will be selling it tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

A thread here says Tesco will have it for 45 maybe.

Galway -> Games.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

For anyone collecting pre-orders from and shop in Blanchardstown shopping centre. The green entrance (one beside Dunnes) will open from 11. Then you queue to pay for your game and then joi another queue for collectio at 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Gamestop are doing something in Square eyes tonight i think, also i was told HMV will be open too. HMV aren't doing a midnight opening, balls :(

Edit: In Galway city

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭djskip316i

Stiil hasnt been shipped for me yet , getting impatient now

• Registered Users Posts: 12 wheelie_bin

I *think* I pre-ordered MW3 in HMV a while back but I can't remember!

How do I find out?

I realise I sound like a right cabbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Give them a call maybe? They will have your phone number if you did preorder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Is it true that only gamestop got hardened editions of the game??? If so, why do they seem to have **** all copies of it??? Seems so silly to dedicate sale to one agent and for that agent to only have a tightly limited amount per store??? :(

Supply of the hardened edition was limited for a number of reasons but bottom line was there was only enough made and allocated to the European and subsequently Irish markets to fulfill about 25% of the demand for it. If more were available to Gamestop they would have sold more. Likewise if any were made available to other retaillers they would have sold them too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

I ordered mine without logging into an account so I can't see my status, but I paid for express too, hoping it would arrive today but nothing has come... It better arrive tomorrow

Advertisement