Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying MW3: Availability/Price - Post Here.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Story_Bud

Hello .. I Have Preorder MW3 in Gamestop And Its 60 quid ! Just Asking Why Its Not Usual 50 Euro ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Story_Bud wrote: »
    Hello .. I Have Preorder MW3 in Gamestop And Its 60 quid ! Just Asking Why Its Not Usual 50 Euro ?

Because it costs more to buy in than most games - the RRP is actually €69.99

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Just noticed the tesco ad below which says they will be stocking it tonight in the majority of stores. No price though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I've the Elite Edition pre-ordered from Gamestop - 100e, 20e deposit paid.

Store in Drogheda opened from 11, collection at 12, hopefully Pizza too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

It says on there website that its only 50.

http://www.gamestop.ie/41483_PlayStation_3_Call_Of_Duty_Modern_Warfare_3.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Story_Bud

Exactly ??

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

Looking forward to getting it tomorrow

Starting to think I should have got off me arse n got a Hardened Edition pre-order :(

Exactly ??

Online prices are different to store prices.

Example would be battlefield which was 43 I think and I refunded it as it was delivered late, they gave me credits instead which were worth 50 euro so I assume it's 50 euro to buy in store.

Was the same with Dark Souls.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

Just purchased MW3 on Steam because I was going to buy Cod4 anyway for my new pc so I might aswell get MW3+cod4 for 59 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

I'll try ring later to make sure. Don't want to go in at 12 to find it is closed!.

@ner69 I would say either Tesco or HMV for around 45 euro. Nothing confirmed yet but they would be the best bet.
    HMV is on Patricks street near the blue Mc Donalds and Tesco is in paul street centre.

HMV confirmed a price to me of €52 :)

• Advertisement

HMV confirmed a price to me of €52 :)

Which HMV? Thats very disappointing considering every new release since the last year or 2 has been €45.

I'm really wondering if i need to get this tonight. I've already a load of games and I'm finding battlefield to be great craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

tok9 wrote: »
    Which HMV? Thats very disappointing considering every new release since the last year or 2 has been €45.

I'm really wondering if i need to get this tonight. I've already a load of games and I'm finding battlefield to be great craic.

Henry Street, Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

tok9 wrote: »

with hmv the price on the system before launch is usually the catalogue price, if its cheaper on launch day they'll only know today once the stock is on the system or tomorrow, thats what happened when I was there but that was a few years back. like we'd pre-order a game for someone weeks before release and it'd be priced at say 54.99 but on launch day it would be 44.99, the higher price is what it'll wind up being eventually once its no longer a chart discounted item. if that makes sense.

of course it could just be Activision are pricing it higher as they know they'll sell a mountain of it, didnt they do that with MW2, it was a "premium" title so had a higher price point that regular games.

Henry Street, Dublin.

Hopefully it'll be different in cork although tesco will probably be cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 39 beanzoo

Hello all I ordered MW3 (PC) with gamestop with the express post. decided on the extra post as battfield was late (long weekend:mad:). Anyway it has still not shipped so I checked my account and it said expected ship date 8/11/11 ? so you see my concern have any of you used this in the past thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

for anyone interested i just checked with Tesco (24 hour) in Portlaoise - they'll have it on sale from midnight for €43. This seems to be €7 cheaper than Gamestop. I assume all 24 hour Tesco stores are the same...

for anyone interested i just checked with Tesco (24 hour) in Portlaoise - they'll have it on sale from midnight for €43. This seems to be €7 cheaper than Gamestop. I assume all 24 hour Tesco stores are the same...

Great news. Tesco it is. Now whether to get it tonight or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Not sure if this was posted already.
    Call of Duty MW3 will be available in the majority of Tesco Stores at 12am Tuesday 8th November in our 24hour Stores. We will be giving away a free copy to the first 5 customers in our 13 Tesco Extras throughout the country, just be one of the lucky first 5 in line to get it free.

The 1st 70 people to buy MW3 in the 13 Tesco Extra Stores will also receive a free Pot Noodle and bottle of Mountain Dew so nothing will distract you from play.

Price details will be released on Tuesday. T&Cs apply

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭djskip316i

Emailed them this morning and only got an automated reply , tried calling them a few mins ago and theres no answer :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭rossieboy

Anyone know if Tesco Carrick on Shannon will have a midnight launch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

GameStop confirmed for 54.99!...it's also part of the 3euro trade deal!

Arklow store open from 11pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

rossieboy wrote: »
    Anyone know if Tesco Carrick on Shannon will have a midnight launch?

if it's a Tesco Express (a 24 hour Tesco with all the various departments - ie not just food) then yes.

I,m in the same boat used standard post with battlefield did not get it till Tue this week so went with express post for mw3.
    I expected your order has been shipped email buy now so I checked my account on gamestop and it says expected ship date 8/11/11 ?? which concerns me have tried ringing them to ask and was told they will ring back but I have little hope of hearing from them

beanzoo wrote: »
    Hello all I ordered MW3 (PC) with gamestop with the express post. decided on the extra post as battfield was late (long weekend:mad:). Anyway it has still not shipped so I checked my account and it said expected ship date 8/11/11 ? so you see my concern have any of you used this in the past thanks

I'm in exact same situation , ive tried emailing them and only got an automated reply , Then i called them 3 times and there was no answer .

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

Are any xtravision stores opening at midnight? And have they given a price yet?

djskip316i wrote: »
    I'm in exact same situation , ive tried emailing them and only got an automated reply , Then i called them 3 times and there was no answer .

I tried to call also did get an answer but the lady i got said she could not help me and said someone will ring back we'll see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 AlanC275

This is such a noob question but can someone tell me is the midnight release tonight? Or tommorow night at 12?

AlanC275 wrote: »
    This is such a noob question but can someone tell me is the midnight release tonight? Or tommorow night at 12?

Its tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

AlanC275 wrote: »
    Tonight at 12

• Advertisement

Yea it is tonight you had me unsure though so I checked Steam and it says that it unlocks in 16 hours ( beginning to wish I had bought it off steam also)

Advertisement