Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bus tickets

Options
  • 02-11-2011 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone know is it possible to get a card for city bus travel, instead of searching for change each time - is there a top up card like option?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

You can buy a city ticket in the bus station for €62. It allows you unlimited use of all city buses for a month. City buses are numbers 1-19.

It's €55 if you're a student.

You can also get a weekly one for €15.50.

Or even a daily one for €4.40. That can be bought on the bus. Handy if you use the bus three times or more in one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

jogdish wrote: »
    Hi,
    Does anyone know is it possible to get a card for city bus travel, instead of searching for change each time - is there a top up card like option?

Thanks

There is a card as far as I know and, if you are employed, you can participate in the TaxSaver Commuter Ticket Scheme and make a big saving on tax for you and the employer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

evilivor wrote: »
    There is a card as far as I know and, if you are employed, you can participate in the TaxSaver Commuter Ticket Scheme and make a big saving on tax for you and the employer.

Tax Saver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I used one of these, I had to get 4 city buses a day to get to and from work. It was very handy. I think if it's your first time getting one there is a small additional cost for the id card that goes with your pass.

Advertisement