Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jaggies on consoles

Options
  • 02-11-2011 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

So, we all know that our ageing consoles don't have the anti-aliasing capabilities that gaming PC's do. Fair enough I guess. But is it me or does BF 3 have an insane amount of aliasing going on in the console versions?

It seems there are a crazy amount of "jaggies" (those jagged lines you see when you move, or even when you're stationary), which are really irritating to the eyes. Note that I'm on PS3 here, but I think the 360 has a similar problem. It seems to be worse than in BC 2, which is strange.

Do you guys have any tricks or tips to make them less noticable? I have tried lowering the sharpness on my tv settings (it's a Samsung), but it makes the game too blurry. There's also this "Game Mode" setting on my TV, but it doesn't seem to do much. Hrrm maybe I'll just have to ignore them!

Anyways, any help is appreciated!

Advertisement