Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Testing Weekend

• 02-11-2011 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, if not Mods please feel free to move thread.

Hi All,

I've been in the software industry for +6 years now and over the past few years I've moved completely over to the testing side of software development and tbh I love it. I've actually become obsessed with testing (mainly in performance and optimization of Java apps).

Anyway I came across an event in the US whereby groups of testers meet up for a weekend / couple of hours and test some random application. I was wondering would such an event work over here? I searched a bit on google but couldnt find anything like it in Ireland.

I would love to get other peoples feedback on this both from Testers and Dev's.
    I think it would be pretty cool to have a once a month (or whenever) meet where by company X or freelance Developer Y hands over their software for us to test. It could even be done with some open source software such as Firefox.

I guess overall the idea would be to meet new testers and share experiences etc. I know softtest.ie exist but it doesnt really cater for what I'm after.

Anyway looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
    Cheers,
    Phil
    Tagged:

Advertisement