Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow Gaol Halloween Ghosthunt

Options
  • 02-11-2011 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Did anyone see this on Halloween night

Possibly the most cringeworthy television i've seen in a long time.

Table tipping , yeah a great parlour trick, but that's where it ends . Have to say the worst was when the host of the show was listening to embedded suggestion from Angie Freeman that his arms were raising and knees bent , while the producer was standing like a mad woman playing with the divination rods hahah .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

wicklow gaol have went straight for the financial jugular if you ask me, in relation to the paranormal. With mediums falling all over the place and getting 'attacked', its basically just an entertainment show - and they run them every week nearly I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Paramad

Hahah yeah , gone a bit like Leap as you say from the financial jugular without the entertainment purposes ... Beware the elemental lol . Beware the 500.00 enterance fee more like :) . What do people think though , is there any unexplained phenomena in Wicklow Gaol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

technically you could say anywhere is haunted, as when you say 'no it isnt haunted' someone could reply that there just was no activity on the night you visited. When we visited wicklow gaol, it wasnt even scary in the dark, nevermind feel like it was haunted in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

It's here:

http://www.tv3.ie/3e/shows.php?request=uploaded&tv3_preview=&video=41815

The table tipping is the thing I disagree with most of all. To be fair though, that fella Keith says at one point that a person's mind can make a paranormal event happen. Like, they pre-condition themselves to experience something.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Paramad

Very true . I am very sceptical of Psychics . But if you watch it closely you can see Angie almost telling the host what to expect , and using leading questions , such as you feel a bending in your legs don't you. But yes put someone into say the isolation cell in the dungeon in Wicklow Gaol and eventually their mind and eyes will start playing tricks on them , because it is now conditioned to expect something .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mouldybjour

I am a skeptic but I went last year with a group of my friends and my brother for the craic. The people involved were hilarious, but we did this seance and that's when things got creepy, I kept hearing my name and then the name of my grandad (his nickname and real name) and then the psychic came up to me put his hand on my shoulder and said "your grandad said he's watching over you and your mother eimear" I just burst out crying. Throughout the whole night, a lot of things seemed false and played upon but there was little things that completely scared the **** out of our whole group.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭MeadhbhL3

Who were the people that were hilarious?

Advertisement