Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative to Japlac

Options
  • 02-11-2011 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

I use Japlac quite often to finish kids furniture (made from pine) that I make but the problem is that I can only ever get it in the small 250ml tins. Can anyone recommend an alternative?

The applcation and finish with Japlac are great but I wouldn't mind trying something else if its cheaper or comes in larger tins. Quality and durability of finish are still the number one priority though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭earpiece

I've been using a waterbased lacquer in recent times, and have been getting great finishes with it.
    Becker Acroma in Ballymount are the makers/suppliers. Any colour available, with different sheen levels - Down side is you have to purchase 10 Liters at a time at an average cost of €100, but hey, this is only €10 a liter..... 1/4 the price you are probably paying for the Japlac.

Advertisement