Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Limerick Run May 6th 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Speedy44

Anyone know where the half marathon starts and if there are buses arranged to bring pople out there or anything?

Cheers,

• Registered Users Posts: 33 barrmurphy

Speedy44 wrote: »
    Anyone know where the half marathon starts and if there are buses arranged to bring pople out there or anything?

Cheers,

Starts on Mallow St, in the city. There is plenty of parking nearby so no buses are required.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Good advice dev123, think i'll slot in behind the 4'30 and hope for the best!

I'm one of the 4:30 pacers, dont be shy, come over and say hello before the race starts, we'll do our best to keep you running with us all the way.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭paintitblack

Will do aimman thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Aimman wrote: »
    I'm one of the 4:30 pacers, dont be shy, come over and say hello before the race starts, we'll do our best to keep you running with us all the way.:)

That goes for all you boardsies, make yourselves known and make sure you get to the party in the Locke Bar!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Who is pacing the half marathon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Limerick91 wrote: »
    Who is pacing the half marathon?

What time are you looking at? There are 1:30, 1;40, 1:50 and 2hr pacers, Boardsies in every group.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭BobMc

My first half super excited, hoping for 2hrs or less who's pacing from boards ?

BobMc wrote: »
    My first half super excited, hoping for 2hrs or less who's pacing from boards ?

The 2hr Pacers are Wallyruns and Ger664

Brianderunner +1 non Boardise are pacing 1:50

Myself +1 non Boardsie are pacing 1:40

Ecoli + 1 are pacing 1:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ned_strange

Sorry for dense question, but how would I find 3.30 pacer? will they be in special clothes or something?

• Advertisement

Sorry for dense question, but how would I find 3.30 pacer? will they be in special clothes or something?

There'll be 2 (I think) and can be identified by the Ballooons they carry indicating a 3:30 finishing time. You should line up beside them before the race as they will be pacing to their chip time (from the moment they cross the start line).

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ned_strange

menoscemo wrote: »
    There'll be 2 (I think) and can be identified by the Ballooons they carry indicating a 3:30 finishing time. You should line up beside them before the race as they will be pacing to their chip time (from the moment they cross the finish line).

Thanks

Too late with the edit Niall :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Community Police Bray

menoscemo wrote: »
    The 2hr Pacers are Wallyruns and Ger664

Brianderunner +1 non Boardise are pacing 1:50

Myself +1 non Boardsie are pacing 1:40

Ecoli + 1 are pacing 1:30.

I would love to do a 1.40 but its probably a bit beyond me , ran the achill half in 1.49 last year , so might be better to stick to the 1 hr 50 pacer group !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

Do we have to collect our number,t-shirt etc from Thomond Park today/tommorrow? that used to be the case but no mention of it this time. I emailed them but no response.

Anyone know?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭dev123

Freiheit wrote: »
    Do we have to collect our number,t-shirt etc from Thomond Park today/tommorrow? that used to be the case but no mention of it this time. I emailed them but no response.

Anyone know?.

Number collection details are on your confirmation email which you need to bring with you to collect your number

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Anyone know?.

It's the South Court Hotel this year and last year. It was Thomond Park in 2010. Munster were at home last year on the Sat and again this year so i guess they were forced to move it out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Pop by the pacer stand/table and say hello as well.

ger664 wrote: »

Hi Ger,

Is the pacer stand manned for both days of the expo?

Not sure what the situation was last year

ger664 wrote: »

Remind me to bend your ear about Athens on Sunday evening! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

We have to actually go to the south court? I don't drive,live in Clare. I didn't get a confirmation email as I gave the wrong address by one letter orginaly. Later corrected but I never got a confirmation email.

It isn't possible to pick up my bit's on the day? must be the south court tonight or tommorrow?.

We have to actually go to the south court? I don't drive. I didn't get a confirmation email as I gave the wrong address by one letter orginaly. Later corrected but I never got a confirmation email.

It isn't possible to pick up my bit's on the day? must be the south court tonight or tommorrow?.

Get onto them by email!

We have to actually go to the south court? I don't drive,live in Clare. I didn't get a confirmation email as I gave the wrong address by one letter orginaly. Later corrected but I never got a confirmation email.

From confirmation email:

Registration 2012
    Registration for the Great Limerick Run will take place in
    South Court Hotel:
    On Friday May 4th from 11AM to 8PM and Saturday May 5th 2012 from 9AM to 6PM

Numbers may be collected at registration by presenting this acceptance slip.
    Problems or queries should be directed to the Help Desk at registration.

THERE WILL BE NO RACE NUMBER COLLECTION FACILITY ON RACE DAY

Check the website to find your race number:

http://www.greatlimerickrun.com/reg_find_race.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

dev123 wrote: »
    Hi Ger,

Is the pacer stand manned for both days of the expo?

Not sure what the situation was last year

Not 100% of today but I'm on duty from 12-4ish tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

dev123 wrote: »
    From confirmation email:

Registration 2012
    Registration for the Great Limerick Run will take place in
    South Court Hotel:
    On Friday May 4th from 11AM to 8PM and Saturday May 5th 2012 from 9AM to 6PM

Numbers may be collected at registration by presenting this acceptance slip.
    Problems or queries should be directed to the Help Desk at registration.

THERE WILL BE NO RACE NUMBER COLLECTION FACILITY ON RACE DAY

Check the website to find your race number:

http://www.greatlimerickrun.com/reg_find_race.html

Confimation number would have been better. Not everybody has easy access to a printer.

YFlyer wrote: »
    Confimation number would have been better. Not everybody has easy access to a printer.

Agree, but there is also a waiver that is part of the confimration email that needs to be signed.

IIRC their Facebook page replied to someone who couldn't find their confirmation email.

The advice given was to identify your race number from the link above and answer a security question to get your race number. Not 100% sure on this though, it would be worth looking through the comments section on FB.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭gerardk55

Collected my race pack and that of a colleague at lunchtime, all I needed was the reference number (4-digit) no issues about collecting someone elses. Very efficient there. Expo looked good but caught for time so couldn't hang around.

Best of luck to all on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

Best of luck to everyone in their chosen race on Sunday. The hard training has been done. The miles have been chalked up. The sacrifices have been made. It's now a case of putting your feet up, maybe load up on a few carbs and fluids and enjoy the lead up to the day.

Here's to a safe and, with any luck, a dry race for everyone !

• Registered Users Posts: 20 isogel

The expo was very well done last night in the south court hotel.. There was no big queues waiting for your package.. had a good look around at the stalls & even tried the sample soup ha ha ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

The sample soup was good alright...

Chilly in Limerick today and its bound to be chilly in the morning so keep an old top on that you can discard at the start.

Our beloved Hunnymonster is back on the scene and running this tomorrow...

Best of luck everyone :)

Advertisement