Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a new Modem Router

Options
  • 02-11-2011 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

I have your standard silver modem/router that only support wireless G signal. Can i buy a N wireless enabled modem/router in argos and set it up myself.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

I have your standard silver modem/router that only support wireless G signal. Can i buy a N wireless enabled modem/router in argos and set it up myself.

Hi seantobin43
    yes you can use any connection modem / router, our technicians may not be able to offer any support on these particular devices as they may not be familiar with them.
    This is a link to setting up a non eircom modem.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭seantobin43

I have a 3mb broadband and im looking at getting a Wireless N modem. But i notice you can get them with 150MB or 300MB wireless speed. Does it mean the 300MB modem is better for speed on my 3MB broadband. Also do you know any good modem brands you could recommend.

Thank you
    Sean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi Seantobin43,

Thanks for posting on the eircom Forum on Boards.

Not sure if it will matter that much on standard broadband 3Mb connection, whether it's 150Mb or 300Mb wireless. A wireless N modem offers new multi-streaming and is the most common while it is also fully backwards compatible with for e.g :802.11g hardware.

The following thread, also on this Forum, may be of interest with regards looking at different modem options: Please see below:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75838925

I hope this helps you with your query.

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭whoami1

Have a look here at my thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056478637

I'm very hapy with this so far, not that I'm pushing it to its limits or anything like it!

Advertisement