Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kamikaze/Winbond Hack

• 02-11-2011 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭

Just did my first two kamikaze hacks there, it was a lot easier than i though, all you need is patience and a steady hand, i got a cracking little tool off a mate of mine for burrowing the hole, ill try and get a pic of it up. It seems like most irish slim boxes are winbond.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

niallo27 wrote: »
    Just did my first two kamikaze hacks there, it was a lot easier than i though, all you need is patience and a steady hand, i got a cracking little tool off a mate of mine for burrowing the hole, ill try and get a pic of it up. It seems like most irish slim boxes are winbond.

Any idea where I might get one of those burrowing tools, I have a dremel here and with the vibration it's very hard to drill where you want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

img0290he.jpg

Thats a pic of it, its a normal scribber with a 1mm carbide bit on the top. I find it easier to do these things by hand, more control.

Thats a pic of it, its a normal scribber with a 1mm carbide bit on the top. I find it easier to do these things by hand, more control.

Too right the Dremel is not good for such precise drilling, how does the scriber work?

justryan wrote: »
    Too right the Dremel is not good for such precise drilling, how does the scriber work?

Well the tip is quiet sharp and very tough so just keep turning slowly until you hear the magic beeps, about 20-25 turns would do you.

Well the tip is quiet sharp and very tough so just keep turning slowly until you hear the magic beeps, about 20-25 turns would do you.

Do you reckon this might do the job?

http://ie.farnell.com/multicomp/187-0053/punch-scriber-carbide-point-centre/dp/1518515

• Advertisement

Ya something like that will do, the carbide bit is the most important part, they say 0.8mm but I find the 1mm perfect, your probably better off calling into maplin or somewhere and telling them what you need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭joker@

B&Q 2 drill bits 1mm 5.5e, xacto knife(or similar) remove blade....drill slowly ;), as stated previously more control less stress.

Advertisement