Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season Pass not being recognized when I boot up Gears 3

Options
  • 02-11-2011 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Bought the season pass today for gears of war, and started up the game. Is there supposed to be some sort of splash screen with a prompt to download the command pack? I know it was delayed, but its due out today after epic said they fixed the problem. It's annoying because I really wanna play the new maps in horde :(

Anyone got a solution? I tried re-downloading but it didn't make a difference.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I bought the season pass too and when I loaded the game up yesterday there was a notice on screen saying the command pack was available. Couldnt miss it.

Try checking if the maps showing in Horde when you set up a private match. If they arent there then I would call Xbox Support.

Seems like youre not the only one with this problem:
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/852447-season-pass-doesnt-work-(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Its a known issue, they're working on a title update

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Kieran_1991

Found on Epic Forums

Originally Posted by MuddyAmoeba viewpost-right.png I have a solution that might help some people. Apparently there is a known issue with multiple DLC/multiple profiles ( I just wish someone would explain this so you don't have to troll the internet to find these solutions) Anyway this is what I did to get it to work some or all of the following may not be required.

1. Delete ALL Gears 3 related DLC from Hard drive. (Don't worry you can redownload it later)
    2. Move all profiles OFF the hard drive onto a USB EXCEPT the profile that owns the SEASON PASS
    3. CLEAR the system cache and reboot the xbox, take USB with all other profiles out.
    4. Restart xbox and gears of war 3 , log into profile.
    5. From gears of war marketplace menu , download season pass again. At this point it should ask you to download NEW DLC.
    6. Provided that went smoothly you can re-download all other DLC from download history and it should all be working again.

NOW IT SHOULD BE NOTED. I make no claims this will work for everyone just that it helped me, and I'm not even sure you need to do all steps. I just wanted a clean as possible hard drive so I could narrow down where the bad egg DLC was. The conclusion is EPIC is the bad egg.

Advertisement