Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby sitter

Options
  • 02-11-2011 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi,

Have a one year old and we have not been out in months. Family help us out with child minding so dont want to ask them to babysit for us. We dont have much money and rarely go out, but its been so long and we need to get out soon for our sanity! Anyway, roughly how much do you pay a baby sitter? And how do i go about getting one?

My aim is that baby would be in bed asleep before we leave at approx 8.30pm and we'd be home about 12.30 -1am. We're based in the south east.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

my sister used to get €6 an hour when she was 16 looking after one kid. But then again she was only 2 doors down from her mam too. depending how late the night goes she used to get more, one night the couple stumbled in at 3 and insisted she take €50 (that may have been the drink though :))

Kinds depends on the age and how far they travel really. but anything from €5 to €10 an hour has been quoted here

Edit: oh and we lived in Wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

God thats great money, around here, its about €20 for 8pm to 12am, for 1 child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Jess18

I get paid €7.50 an hour for a one year old. So for 4 hours it would be €30. I agree with RedXIV, that it depends on the age, and how far they travel and also if the person has any qualifications. I travel 40 minutes to this family that I babysit for, I am 19 years old and I am studying early childhood education and care, I'm also garda vetted. Depends where you live, you could try babysitters.ie or schooldays.ie, thats where both families that I babysit for found me! Or you could place ads in shops! Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I think it depends on what you want ie. a teenager or someone who's a mum or childminder.

I'm in Waterford City and the rate varies. I'm a qualified childminder with occupational first aid and years of experience and charge €7 - €7.50 per hour depending on journey as I drive so don't need a taxi when I babysit.

Advertisement