Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Meteor always this bad with customer service?

Options
  • 02-11-2011 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

After being with Eircell in the early days, then the change to Vodafone and then to O2, I've never had an issue with any of them. Any query I had was dealt with quickly and they always seem to get back to you.

Have made the jump to Meteor. Giving them a go on Billpay. Emailed all the docs on the 26th Oct. No acknowledgment, email sent 29th and then yesterday again, and still nothing. The only thing I got was a very brief response on Twitter after asking politely could they look into it. After I Direct Msg'd them on Twitter at their request though, all was quiet again!

Can't get hold of them at all it seems. On Twitter, issues you post are seen by everyone so they look to be proactive there.

Very worrying, I'm beginning to think I made a mistake switching as this is not a good sign. Any Meteor customers out there? Reassure me this is the exception!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

I just spent 1 hour and 2 minutes on hold to customer service! Had to give up :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭Woofstuff

I have been with meteor since they came to Ireland... generally I have had no major problems...

Their customer service helpline is usually grand but in the last few weeks its been impossible to get through... i tried to get through to them there and was on hold for 35 minutes and 32 seconds before i had enough and hung up..

Maybe its something to do with getting the new iphone Im not sure...but something is not right...

Anyway I am now switching to three as they have a good prepay deal for me that suits me.

only other issue with meteor is that there are some dead spots in my local pubs where i cant get signal but my mates can on O2 etc... have to go outside to get signal

choons wrote: »
    I just spent 1 hour and 2 minutes on hold to customer service! Had to give up :mad:

What a joke.. its reason enough to switch networks.

only other thing i could suggest is to ring a meteor store.. youll get through quick enough and they might be able to help you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

nightmare... it appears all mobile companies will now make you call and talk to someone who can barley understand you,and vice versa,after you have been on hold for yonks.. and explain to each and every staff member on the ladder as you go along what the problem is.

in simpler terms, they want you to give up and hang up.

jan28th wont come quick enough when im outa contract.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I spent four hours trying to get through to them the other day. Hold - cut off -hold -cut off.

Twitter is def the best way to get hold of them, and most other companies who use it. They seem to out their better CS agents on there because it is public.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭kirving

It's only been a few days, after a long weekend, with a new iPhone coming out. It'll be sorted soon enough, they want your money after all. Ringing again and again only delays the staff further.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Rob C

Dude, it's Thursday.....This was after doing as requested on Wednesday last and them saying it would be done that day! That's the issue, they made a commitment they couldn't keep and then could not be reached. And I have been purposely not ringing them, patiently communicating via Twitter and email.

In the grand scheme of things It's no big deal, I'm not jumping up and down fuming. It's just poor service that's all and noticeable off the pace of the big two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

I had major problems getting through last week, I eventually went to a meteor store who told me its been a nightmare for the last few weeks because customer support is moving offices. The woman in the store let me use their phone to try and get through (store couldn’t authorise what I wanted) but I gave up after 20 minutes.

My only suggestion is to try first thing in the morning, it seems to be about the only time you can get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Nutsflyer

They are nothing short of a pack of ignorant liars....all talk and no action whatsoever....run away.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement