Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Losing the plot...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Ico and Shadow of the Colossus tell you more about their worlds, and your purpose within them, in less than 100 lines.

TOTAL.
    ACROSS BOTH GAMES.

Team Ico are the masters of gigantic minimalism.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yep game developers sound look at those 2 games and Super Metroid to see how to tell story through gameplay and visuals. We won't end up with gash like MGS4 then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I had to complete FIFA12 3 times before I could comprehend the storyline.

I really enjoyed the CoD MW campaigns but if you ask me to tell you what happens in the stories I couldnt, they were pants. Same goes for Halo, I found it funny so the humour kept me going until the end.

Metal Gear Solid 2 storyline for me was amazing, it would seem pretty simple to me now but as a kid it was awesome. I cant even bring myself to play past 2 hours gameplay on number 4 though...

I think everyone has a different cup of tea like they do with movies, some people get immersed in fantasy worlds while others are propelled forward in horror games to see what the next scare is going to be. I personally love games/ movies with "different" storylines, Bioshock for example, the storyline was so f**ked I loved it!

Advertisement