Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breeders Cup 2011

Options
  • 02-11-2011 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭

Thought it was about time to start a thread seeing as it's starting Friday night.

Was looking through the Racing Post Weekender today to try find some picks and it's pretty tough going considering we haven't seen much, or anything, of the American horses over here in terms of form. Which is pretty troublesome because Europe had only two winners last year - Goldikova and Dangerous Midge.

An interesting statistic I was doing up today. Over the past three years of the Breeders Cup, Garrett Gomez has had a good record at the meeting with winners at 14/1, 9/1 and 11/2 last year meaning you'd have a €2.50+ level stake profit for a €1 last year with him.

My pick of the two day meeting is Stacelita @ 3/1 in the 10.50 on Friday, as much out of loyalty as anything else as she won me a nice double with Cape Blanco in the US about a month ago.

Others I'll be thinking of backing in multiples/singles -

Friday:
    8.10 - Shumoos (14/1) - out of loyalty more than anything again. Should be suited to Dirt track and a faster pace.
    8.50 - Elusive Kate/Sweet Cat - I really am trying to avoid backing the European horses so depending on the prices and what I like on the day will be between Elusive Kate (looked so good winning her fourth in a row in France) or Todd Pletcher's Sweet Cat.
    9.30 - Turbulent Descent (7/4) NB - currently favourite and had a few of the others in this race comfortably behind her last time out in Saratoga including Pomeroy's Pistol.
    10.10 - My Miss Aurelia (5/2)
    11.30 - It's Tricky (13/2)

Saturday:
    6.02 - Finale (6/1)
    6.37 - Big Drama (3/1)
    8.01 - Trappe Shot (9/2)
    8.45 - Sarafina (5/2)
    9.25 - Daddy Long Legs (9/1)
    10.07 - Goldikova (7/4)

I'll be narrowing down those selections into a couple of singles and maybe a big L15 to have an interest.

What's your fancies?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Not much discussion here,head over to the horse racing forum,plenty there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

I like Euroears in the Sprint.

Advertisement