Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gta v trailer

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Going by previous GTA media campaigns then a May/June release seems likely. GTA IV was supposed to be the same but was delayed until September.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Going by previous GTA media campaigns then a May/June release seems likely. GTA IV was supposed to be the same but was delayed until September.

Here's hoping it's after my final exams in May,

This could potentially prevent me graduating from college otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

pretty sure GTA IV was out in april/may, as I remember playing it before the champions league final

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Roar wrote: »
    pretty sure GTA IV was out in april/may, as I remember playing it before the champions league final

Ah right, got my dates backwards. Was initially supposed to be out in October but was delayed until Arpil. Sorry.

So that's a years wait for the game, sorry :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

Big Knox wrote: »
    In the trailer they purposely show hikers heading off into the mountains and workers on a farm, they're subtle hints to the size it's going to be imo!!

ya and when the hikers see the mountain they turn around its like "f*ck that , thats to high to climb" :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

Don't mean to rain on everyone's parade, but how has this trailer suggested that GTA V will be any different to GTA IV - apart from the location and the protagonist?

We all knew GTA V was coming, but there was nothing in the trailer that indicated a significant shift in how the game will differ from it's predecessor. GTA IV, for me, was tedious and nothing like Vice City or GTA III, so I think I will remain cautious about this one for the time being.

Maybe someone can enlighten me as to how V will be better than IV?

5 > 4

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

i loved gta 1,2,london,3,VC,SA, and yes 4, so i dont particularly care which its like as il love it anyway :D but yeah gta5 will be crazier and funnier than 4, you can tell from all the little rockstar jokes in that trailer and from the fact that after GTA4 they made TBOGT which was much more like previous gta's in its structure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Liber8or wrote: »
    Don't mean to rain on everyone's parade, but how has this trailer suggested that GTA V will be any different to GTA IV - apart from the location and the protagonist?

We all knew GTA V was coming, but there was nothing in the trailer that indicated a significant shift in how the game will differ from it's predecessor. GTA IV, for me, was tedious and nothing like Vice City or GTA III, so I think I will remain cautious about this one for the time being.

Plains of land would make me happy out, IV was just some dreary streets and lacking in variation. And Rockstar do consider their audiences feelings...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

How the hell is anyone supposed to answer that? All that's available is the video.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

danthefan wrote: »
    How the hell is anyone supposed to answer that? All that's available is the video.

Exactly, and yet everyone seems to think this game is "going to be awesome" and "better than GTA IV because of x, y and z", so I am trying to understand the hype and excitement being generated by this trailer...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Exactly, and yet everyone seems to think this game is "going to be awesome" and "better than GTA IV because of x, y and z", so I am trying to understand the hype and excitement being generated by this trailer...

You didn't like GTAIV. Doesn't mean everyone didn't like it or it was a bad game. Other people did in fact enjoy the GTAIV hence they will be excited about V.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

I loved gta iv but I think r* realise there was a lot of people who miss the craziness of older games. Hopefully we're going to back to some of that craziness (ie JETPACKS! :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

I hope they put horses you can ride in. Like driving out to a farm, grabbing a horse, ride it back into town and rob a bank. Also cops on horses. Yeehaw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Have you played Red Dead Redemption? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Have you played Red Dead Redemption? :pac:

yep,pardner. I want a police chase, choppers vs. horse though. A man can dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Snakeblood wrote: »
    I hope they put horses you can ride in. Like driving out to a farm, grabbing a horse, ride it back into town and rob a bank. Also cops on horses. Yeehaw.

of course there will be horses, its a recession damn it :D

of course there will be horses, its a recession damn it :D

It's set in LA not Finglas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

It's set in fingLAs.

FYP :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I just hope there is a set of missions to kill Niko and Roman :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

i just hope this song is on the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Snakeblood wrote: »
    yep,pardner. I want a police chase, choppers vs. horse though. A man can dream.

Let me refer you to a crazy indian action movie that may satisfy your needs. :D

Advertisement