Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Present ideas

• 02-11-2011 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Thought it might be an idea to have a thread for pressie ideas, suggestions etc, esp for those of us who are stuck on what to give.

Would it be stingy to get one 'big' present for three brothers who are aged 18 months, 4.5 years and 6.5 years? To be honest they have so many toys now and they always get heaps of toys at Christmas (their dads mammy gets them 6 presents each for Xmas).

I'm just looking at ways to keep costs down, like a lot of people, I'm unemployed and any way of saving money is very welcome. This year my mother and I have decided to club in together for presents as it helps to keep the cost down a bit.

And what do you get for a new born baby? Clothes aren't an option as the parent have already been given loads of clothes (hand-me-downs) and will get loads more at Christmas. Two people are getting Prize Bonds for the baby. The parents have the cot/cradle/car seat/push chair etc.

Any and all help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭louise5754

Thats not stingy at all.I hate when people feel pressued about Xmas presents :( 6 presents each is way over the top. For my nieces I usually get them a little outift from Penneys they have gorgeous kids clothes and a small toy that costs maybe ten euro max.
    A big present for the 3 boys is a lovely idea the only thing is their ages are so different it would be difficult getting something suitable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

For the new born you could do up a little hamper with napies, wipes, baby powder, baby oilcotton wool, sudocreme, vaseline a few bibs (you can never have enough bibs) and anything else you can think of.
    For the three boys I wouldnt consider one present to be stingy but as louise said you may struggle to find one that will be suitable for all 3 of them. The only thing I can think of that is not too expensive is one of those popup play tents all kids love them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Cheers for the help guys.

The three brother have a wii or xbox or something (I can't tell one from the other lol :O) so I was just thinking of getting one game for it between the three of them. Maybe a dance game or something, something they will all get use from.

I was saying to mam tonight about Kris Kindle as if we buy presents individually we'd have around 18 presents to buy :eek: As well as that I have my dad and half siblings to buy for too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

I came across this site through Groupon(they usually have a few deals every few months) and am going to buy the nieces nephew pressies from there(2years- 10mo). I think they are so cute! Espically this one for the older kids

http://www.carladaly.ie/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=192&zenid=594a2647430c636f52fdfddfc2e47621

They are good prices too.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fluff_daddy

We do Kris Kindle for brothers & sisters and then we all put in so much to cover nieces & nephews. Only way to go..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Unfortunately for us this year kris kindle is off because one of my cousin (34 yo) wants loads of presents. :mad::rolleyes:

If it wasn't for her, we'd have done kris kindle.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fluff_daddy

Unfortunately for us this year kris kindle is off because one of my cousin (34 yo) wants loads of presents. :mad::rolleyes:

If it wasn't for her, we'd have done kris kindle.

Dirty enough :P all our family gang are between 28-40

Advertisement