Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY Wireless GSM Home Alarm

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭worc

One last question (hopefully!) - I've got it up and running, all is working like a charm but I'm noticing the power supply unit inside the panel is somewhat hotter than I'd have expected.

It's not piping hot or anything but I was surprised how hot it is even when I only had it on for 30 minutes from being dead cold. It's about as hot as a laptop ac adaptor gets if you've had it on for about 10 hours.

I had a sparks friend check I had it wired up correctly and I have a 3 amp fuse in the plug; is the heat normal enough for this system?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Yes, that would be normal for the transformer to get hot, not hot enough to melt the control panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭worc

altor wrote: »
    Yes, that would be normal for the transformer to get hot, not hot enough to melt the control panel.

Ah that's good to know - cheers yet again!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

worc wrote: »
    Ah that's good to know - cheers yet again!

Your welcome, hopefully you will have no issues but if you do let us know ;)

Advertisement