Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Register365 Cancelling Account Help.

Options
  • 02-11-2011 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hello, I'm new to boards.ie so I hope this is in the right section.

I hope someone can help me, I have a hosting account with register365.com
    I only have it set up a few days but I'm not happy with it so I would like to close/cancel my account with them. I did some Google searching and it says you cancel the account via your control panel under "Technical Support" I know how to do all this, but the questions I have is when I do this will they;

1) Stop taking payments out of my credit card?
    2) How long will it take for the account to be closed?
    3) Is this how you are meant to cancel the account?

I don't care if I loose my domain name that's not important.

Thanks in advance.
    Brian.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You'd need to raise that issue and questions directly with the hosting provider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Welcome to boards.
    You have to take it up with them,but...why do you close it after you open it !??

• Registered Users Posts: 14 SuperBrian91

Thanks very much for the help I have the problem solved. :)
    Welcome to boards.
    You have to take it up with them,but...why do you close it after you open it !??

Thanks.
    I wanted it closed after I opened it because register365 wasn't as user friendly as I thought it would be, and I an used to using C Panels when it comes to managing a site which register doesn't have....well I didn't see one anyway. lol

I'm thinking about moving to http://www.hostingireland.ie/ now to host my website.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

I'm thinking about moving to http://www.hostingireland.ie/ now to host my website.

FWIW, I've used hostingireland and 365 in the past, and ended up settling on Blacknight, the main reason being, you can call them up and talk to a human.

Look how much effort Blacknight go to help customers, and non-customers on boards.ie with advice on hosting/FTP and other technical stuff. It seems your problem with cancelling the account was the lack of "real people".

If you want to deal with real people, over email, forum or on the phone, it's got to be Blacknight. Just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 SuperBrian91

Just to let people know I have cancelled the Register 365 I contacted the support team and they cancelled my account within minutes.

I would like to thank everyone who replied for the help and information they gave me to resolve the problem. :)

By the way I have now moved to Hosting Ireland and an very happy with them so far hosting my new website/forum. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement