Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fitness classes in city centre

Options
  • 02-11-2011 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi,
    I'm recently back to cork and I'm into keeping fit. Any good classes in the city centre or near enough to it? Im work and live in town so nothing miles away. Anything bar zumba. Need to meet new people too so im hoping this will be a good way :)

Comments

Free classes in NRG in the River Lee Hotel with gym membership, spinning, kettle bell and Zumba and more too. Don't go to them myself but the members are a friendly lot. You can just call in and have a look around and a peak at the class timetable. Whoever is at reception will be happy to help you, short stroll from city centre too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

This place has opened up on Victoria Road http://www.sweatfitness.ie/ it is where the Gallery now, so there is now a gallery, rental place and a fitness centre all in the one haha..

Prices are good me thinks for it i know a few who go down at lunch for a spinning class and they enjoy it..

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭tough__cookie

Hi Ellen, if you would be interested in ladies cardio kickboxing i'm starting up classes on November 14th just off Cornmarket St on Monday nights at 6pm. Everybody will be new to the class. You can find out more info on my facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Mission-Possible-Fitness/171878342867786

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ellen_good

thanks everyone for replying, will check some of these places out :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

The NRG classes are brilliant!

• Advertisement

Id love to try out kettlebells but its a pity I have to be a member of the gym to do the classes. Anybody doing a pay as you go class?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lovecork

hey i know a great educo gym very good results !parking to it !cost a bit but it was worth it and there is a very got tanning place near it so when i went there i had too thinks at ones :) its in penrose quay ,penrose wharf cork :) hoped i helped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lovecork

just remembered great zumba classes they are across gate cinema :)

Hi, thanks lovecork but I did try Zumba somewhere before and it's just not my thing!!!

I think ill try cardio kickboxing/boxercise 1 or 2 nights a week and then a kettlebell class if i can find one somewhere where i can just try it out to see if Id like it. I hate places that make you pay up for a month in advance when you dont know if you are going to like it or if you know you can make it to the classes or work and things.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,284 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Hi, I'm also looking to start classes and join a gym (will probably leave it till the new year though - have too much going on in the run up to Christmas!) but I was looking at womens fitness gym off Kinsale Rd Roundabout - they do loads of classes like spinning, kettle bells, pilates and you don't have to be a gym member to attend but they do recommend you book your place in a class in advance as they get busy I would say. They are 8e per class

Has anyone ever been here/joined here??

• Advertisement

A girl I work with has joined that womens fitness gym, she said the classes are great. Its a bit far out for me though as I dont drive and live in town. I checked out the womens gym in Rivers Edge in town which is only 199 a year and that includes classes as well but I wasnt too keen on the gym, it was too small and didnt have a pool.

I found a gym off Cornmarket Steet though that does pay as you go classes kettlebells, boxercise, pilates and cardio kickboxing etc and Id recommend it to anyone who lives in around town.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rb-fitness-Centre/126933557389356

Advertisement