Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ribcage tattoo

Options
  • 02-11-2011 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hey!

Looking to see if anybody can give me some inspiration. I had decided on a tattoo quote for my ribcage:
    "We sat by your bedside,
    Our hearts were crushed and sore
    we did our best to the end
    'til we could do no more.
    In tears we watched you sinking,
    we watched you face away;
    and though our hearts were breaking,
    we knew you could not stay.
    You left behind some aching hearts
    That loved you most sincere;
    We never shall and never will forget you"

Problem is I'm quite petite and feel this may be too much on me and wondering if anybody can give me some ideas on shortening it or something similar..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

Well the last line says "We never shall and never will forget you"

Not sure why you wrote it this way but "never shall" and "never will" mean the same thing so couldn't you lose one of them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Pebbles!

ClutchIt wrote: »
    Well the last line says "We never shall and never will forget you"

Not sure why you wrote it this way but "never shall" and "never will" mean the same thing so couldn't you lose one of them?

yeah good point I could do that!

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

will hurt like hell...
    here a try:

We sat by your bedside,
    Our hearts were crushed and sore
    we did our best 'til we could do no more.
    In tears we watched you sinking,
    and though our hearts were breaking,
    we knew you could not stay.
    You left behind some aching hearts
    We never shall forget you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Just a suggestion but what about your thigh instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Pebbles!

hunter164 wrote: »
    Just a suggestion but what about your thigh instead?
    Nope, I've decided I want it on my ribs. It easy to hide there. A short dress and I'd be showing off the tat and I'm getting it for me, don't want the world to see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

I understand :) was just thinking you'd have more space there ya know. As for the script ya have it would probably fit on your ribs. Your best bet is going in somewhere and getting them to check for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah it's a considerable amount of text for the ribs, def go in and have it done up and see if it fits nicely! If you're petite it could end up being too big or have to have a pretty small size script, which blurs pretty easily in my experience...

And yup, that crap is gonna hurt! I found the lying on my side with my arm over my head for an hour more annoying than the actual pain of the needle though

Advertisement