Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Broadband Connection

Options
  • 02-11-2011 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭

Im in the UK, I have a Sky+ digi box and a few months ago got BT broadband. The broadband connection has been really bad for the last couple of weeks, so reported a fault with BT and an engineer came to the house while I was at work and told me over phone the fault was inside the house and he said there is a loop on the line, and he thought it was the Sky+ that was causing it. Any ideas on how would I fix this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Voodoo2

buckieburd wrote: »
    Im in the UK, I have a Sky+ digi box and a few months ago got BT broadband. The broadband connection has been really bad for the last couple of weeks, so reported a fault with BT and an engineer came to the house while I was at work and told me over phone the fault was inside the house and he said there is a loop on the line, and he thought it was the Sky+ that was causing it. Any ideas on how would I fix this?

Do you have a an ASDL filter on your line of the skybox??

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭buckieburd

I'm pretty sure the sky+ box isn't connected to the phone line, I can't see a cable from the sky box to the phone line, (i wasn't there when they set up the sky) there is a filter on the phone line, but I think that is for the broadband. I uplugged the skybox and the telly and the connection is just the same as it was. Would there be anything else that might cause it? Also what does a loop in the line mean? Confused!

Advertisement