Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 Euro a pint

Options
  • 02-11-2011 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Is 5 euro the standard price for a pint of bud in the city centre these days,and 4 euro 50 cent for a pint of guinness??

was in a little bar just beside o connell bridge at the weekend and thats how much the drinks were.after 2 hours i ended up goin into a spar and buying 6 bottles of bud for 8 euro and goin home

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Now you know why pubs are screwed... They are screwing us....

I think even with plans to abolish low cost selling at 2 euro a can it still only works out 10 euro for 5

Something has got to give with pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

On O'Connell Bridge, yeah, since it's a complete tourist trap area. Go anywhere around and prices reduce by up to a Euro.

O'Reilly's Bar by Tara St DART station is €3.20 for all pints, all week. Very popular with students and after-work crew. Mulligan's on Poolbeg St is €4.45 for a Guinness, Messrs Maguires just off the bridge actually has a range of its own housebrews (and very tasty too) for €4.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

can anyone recomend a nice pub for people in late twenties with good atmosphere thats not full of students and you can get pints for 4 euro or less in the city centre area

Proxy wrote: »
    Messrs Maguires just off the bridge actually has a range of its own housebrews (and very tasty too) for €4.

i will check this pub out next time im in that way

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Whelans on Wexford Street had €3 pints of Harp when I was there last week on a Tuesday night.It did the job!

• Advertisement

Reilly's by Tara St, Diceys on Harcourt St? The Vaults down by Busaras apparently have cheap pints but I don't know what the clientèle are like... There's lots of deals out there though, it would seem.

ive heard some people talk about diceys before,what kind of place is that,i assumed it was a night club,or it just just a regular pub

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Proxy wrote: »
    The Vaults down by Busaras apparently have cheap pints but I don't know what the clientèle are like.

Since you mention it they're nearly all african sleazebags.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Whelans on Wexford Street had €3 pints of Harp
    I haven't see Harp on draught for years. It was my drink of choice in the 1980s.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Degsy wrote: »
    Since you mention it they're nearly all african sleazebags.

Harpist

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

Now you know why pubs are screwed... They are screwing us....

I think even with plans to abolish low cost selling at 2 euro a can it still only works out 10 euro for 5

Something has got to give with pubs.

Something has already 'given'. There are plenty of pubs in the city center with reasonably priced pints. if you are paying 5euro for pints its simply because of your own laziness to search out cheaper places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Thomas House on Thomas St. - all pints 4 euro.

Great spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭AstonMartin

Diceys is a good spot and all pints are e2 on tuesdays, e10 entry after 7pm. Gets students but its an ok mix and the best smoking area in ireland. They serve burgers until midnight to keep your energy up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Hate Dicey's,it's the only pub that I've ever been refused entry to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Thomas House on Thomas St. - all pints 4 euro.

Great spot.

+1

It used to be a bit of a dive bar, but the lads who run it now have transformed the place (and by that I mean ran a broom over it :) ). Although they really need to change the water in the aquarium, the last time I was in the fish were walking on top of the water.

D wrote: »
    +1

It used to be a bit of a dive bar, but the lads who run it now have transformed the place (and by that I mean ran a broom over it :) ). Although they really need to change the water in the aquarium, the last time I was in the fish were walking on top of the water.
    Life... finds a way :D

I live quite close to Thomas House and have never been sure if its open by the looks of it from the outside! Must check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

CyberJuice wrote: »
    not full of students
    [...]
    pints for 4 euro or less
    There's a reason cheaper places get packed with students... They're cheaper.

Advertisement