Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saorview

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

second that clareman. the small TV3 aerial picked up saorview in west clare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

Here is a question -

I have a Philips all digtial LCD I bought a couple years ago that has FTA built in. The problem is, Ireland is not an option.

That being said I plugged the old aerial in and selected UK as my country and did a scan and viola! All the new digital channels showed up under the digital channels list. All of the digital music channels work perfectly and I can flip through the RTEs and what not but the issue is there is no picture, only sound.

I have Sky+ so it's not a big issue, but was just curious if this was something I might be able to sort myself or if I would have to wait for a firmware update from the manufacturer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

CptSternn wrote: »
    Here is a question -

I have a Philips all digtial LCD I bought a couple years ago that has FTA built in. The problem is, Ireland is not an option.

That being said I plugged the old aerial in and selected UK as my country and did a scan and viola! All the new digital channels showed up under the digital channels list. All of the digital music channels work perfectly and I can flip through the RTEs and what not but the issue is there is no picture, only sound.

I have Sky+ so it's not a big issue, but was just curious if this was something I might be able to sort myself or if I would have to wait for a firmware update from the manufacturer.

I suspect that your TV does not have an MPEG-4 decoder, only MPEG-2.

Irish DTT uses MPEG-4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

I suspect that your TV does not have an MPEG-4 decoder, only MPEG-2.

Irish DTT uses MPEG-4.
    Yup, only the newer televisions will pick up the irish freeview.

massive thread on it here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056302397

Advertisement