Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tractor Advice

• 02-11-2011 10:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭

Been looking around various dealerships up north for 100hp ish tractor and wondering what some of the posters around here think of some of the below "deals" I was offered...particularly the prices (finding it hard to get a handle on what represents good value)

05 mf 5455 with a very good self levelling quicke Q loader 3k hrs (works out at around €32,000 when all is said and done) looks in excellent condition

04 Landini vision with own brand self levelling loader 4k hrs (works out around €26, 500)

03 New Holland TL100 with Trima 340 loader 3k hrs (works out around €25,000)

would you consider those good value?........................ tbh prices down here don't seem much higher (give or take a grand or two)

+ tractor will be doing loader work.....is a power shuttle advisable for comfort and longevity of the clutch if using a loader....will wet clutch last longer with a power shuttle than a dry manual as you wouldnt be engaging and re-engaging it manually when using a loader (if I'm understanding that correctly)

is there a cheaper older secondhand option I'm missing out on that might do the job just as well...................tractor will be used for topping, shifting round bales, muckspreading, general yard work etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Dude1981

Hi,
    Prices seem to reflect current market values. I’d stay away from the Landini, I think both the New Holland & MF would hold there value better and are just generally better built and tougher machines.

To be fair the 5455 is a more premium tractor to the TL100 and maybe more comparable to the TS100.

Power shuttle is a must for loader-work and a joy to operator. Stay clear of a manual shuttle for sure.

To be honest I’d say away from older stuff and just spend that wee bit extra too stay up the years.

My top 3 choices

MF 5455 (Power Shuttle, 105HP)
    JB 6320 (105HP)
    NH 6010 (101HP)

All comparable machines of similar weight and specification.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭ellewood

amacca wrote: »
    Been looking around various dealerships up north for 100hp ish tractor and wondering what some of the posters around here think of some of the below "deals" I was offered...particularly the prices (finding it hard to get a handle on what represents good value)

05 mf 5455 with a very good self levelling quicke Q loader 3k hrs (works out at around €32,000 when all is said and done) looks in excellent condition

04 Landini vision with own brand self levelling loader 4k hrs (works out around €26, 500)

03 New Holland TL100 with Trima 340 loader 3k hrs (works out around €25,000)

would you consider those good value?........................ tbh prices down here don't seem much higher (give or take a grand or two)

+ tractor will be doing loader work.....is a power shuttle advisable for comfort and longevity of the clutch if using a loader....will wet clutch last longer with a power shuttle than a dry manual as you wouldnt be engaging and re-engaging it manually when using a loader (if I'm understanding that correctly)

is there a cheaper older secondhand option I'm missing out on that might do the job just as well...................tractor will be used for topping, shifting round bales, muckspreading, general yard work etc

yea on the look out myself for a while now but im in no panic as i can get loan of loader any time i want but still, my own would be handy and i wouldnt have to give half day chasing cattle for a half hour loan of the loader:D

are those prices including vat and delivery because i went to see a 00 same with loader a few weeks back and he had very clean 2004 5455 with loader with 2k hours i think in from a stud farm and he was looking for E30,000 for it so prices compare very well with north at the moment, except if you have a VAT no then you dont pay the vat up north which is 20% i think.

Also are dealers up the north giving much of a discount for a straight cash sale and also selling a tractor sold as seen with no warrenty as you cant really bring back a tractor 5 or 600 miles round trip if a fault occours where that 5455 in tippeary for much the same price would have a warrenty and was willing to talk on price for straight deal.

Got an e mail a few days ago for a mc cormick mc 100 with quicke loader with 6500 hours 2001 i think for around E21000 all in taught it might be worth a look its a bit over my budget of around 15k but sher!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Dude1981

I think one of the main disadvantages of buying from the north is that the majority of the time you won’t get a warranty or at least if you do it will be on there terms.

Remember the same consumer rights and associated legislation don’t apply to purchases outside of the country, don’t get me wrong I’m not trying to dissuade anyone from buying up north, just be careful!

I looked at a good few uk imports in a number of different dealers both north and south and in each dealership the hours always seemed to be between 2000 – 3000K and there always seemed to be a story about the history of the tractor and were it came from and what work it did (which is strange for tractors bought at auctions!).

Again, just check and ensure the ware reflects the hours.

1)Doors grips excessively worn
    2)Exhaust starting to rust and perforate
    3)Door hinges
    4)Gear knob worn to the bone
    5)Steps
    6)Service History
    7)Tire wear (original should be present at 2000K -3000K)

While some of these maybe small things there all indicators and help paint a true picture of the tractors history.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭warfie35

A neighbour bought a 05 mf 115 hp tractor with loader in the north recently
    Cost 19k sterling, 6 month warranty, very happy with it, has dealt with same dealer before, said he can be trusted!!!! D&M farm services in derry

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joe the Plumber

Cant go too far wrong with those machines, Worth considering a trip to cambridge auctions or euro auction in dromore or leeds.

Can be serious value to be got. Would need to know your stuff and have a decent pair.

Potential to save 25%

Watch out for another thread here on new vs s/h tractors a lot of Zetors dealers on there posing as regular boardies..!!..:D:D:D

• Advertisement

warfie35 wrote: »
    Cost 19k sterling, 6 month warranty, very happy with it, has dealt with same dealer before, said he can be trusted!!!! D&M farm services in derry

that was a good price

do you know if that price included vat - the reason i ask is that anytime you phone about a tractor up north, one of the first things you are asked is have you a vat no, its like thats the discount they will give you and nothing else. i have a vat no but its for another business i have that has nothing to do with farming so id imagine if the vat man saw a recpt for a tractor he mightnt be too happy.:D

ellewood wrote: »
    that was a good price

do you know if that price included vat - the reason i ask is that anytime you phone about a tractor up north, one of the first things you are asked is have you a vat no, its like thats the discount they will give you and nothing else. i have a vat no but its for another business i have that has nothing to do with farming so id imagine if the vat man saw a recpt for a tractor he mightnt be too happy.:D

Yes the price was including vat, man that bought tractor it is not registered for vat.
    What he told me was he has good relationship with this dealer, told him what he was looking for and what budget he had, had to wait few months before he got what he wanted, says he trusts him 100%.
    Personally i wouldn't buy a mf, i'd be a new holland or case man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Try beating this for value;

Kubota M9000 4wd with Loader, Year 2008
    with loader, 2500hrs, 85hp and only £14,950

http://farm.autotrader.co.uk/makemodel/make/kubota/stock-item-id/at8ab3a65b335edbb90133644ed6017bc7/advert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

pakalasa wrote: »
    Try beating this for value;

Kubota M9000 4wd with Loader, Year 2008
    with loader, 2500hrs, 85hp and only £14,950

http://farm.autotrader.co.uk/makemodel/make/kubota/stock-item-id/at8ab3a65b335edbb90133644ed6017bc7/advert

Eur 17,400 + VAT @ 20% (Eur 3,480) = Eur 20,880

I wonder how much do they cost new?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭THE LINK WALSH

Cant go too far wrong with those machines, Worth considering a trip to cambridge auctions or euro auction in dromore or leeds.

Can be serious value to be got. Would need to know your stuff and have a decent pair.

Potential to save 25%

Watch out for another thread here on new vs s/h tractors a lot of Zetors dealers on there posing as regular boardies..!!..:D:D:D

Buying anything at the Cambridge auctions is akin to dicing with death,lots and lots of stolen tractors,many more tampered with re:hours,dodgy hydraulic pumps, etc.A good share of the machinery over there is on sale by Irish middle men and dealers,why are they bringing it all the way over there i wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

reilig wrote: »
    Eur 17,400 + VAT @ 20% (Eur 3,480) = Eur 20,880

I wonder how much do they cost new?

Seem good value new. Few lads I know with them fairly happy with them, but seriously unhappy with servicing cost and service intervals.

warfie35 wrote: »

thanks for that, yea i was talking to them on thursday and friday and there to come back to me tomorrow about a 5425 with loader they have up there it looks very clean and tidy he was doing a few small jobs to it on sat so wont know price till monday dont know whether thats good or bad? but they seem very alright to deal with so far anyways.

Hopefully it should all be ok ellewood, as i said i'm only going on what my neighbour had to say, same fella doesn't make too many mistakes, he did stress though that this dealer was one he trusted, best of luck either way,let us know how it works out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joe the Plumber

Buying anything at the Cambridge auctions is akin to dicing with death,lots and lots of stolen tractors,many more tampered with re:hours,dodgy hydraulic pumps, etc.A good share of the machinery over there is on sale by Irish middle men and dealers,why are they bringing it all the way over there i wonder?

Not all the stuff is junk, I find euro auction very good.

Thats what I said you would need to know your stuff.

Big savings to be made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭BeeDI

Potential to save 25%

One for you to follow. Might actually learn something. http://farmingforum.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=59194

Advertisement