Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty Joule Solutions Cylinder

Options
  • 02-11-2011 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭

We recently had a solar system installed that included a Joule Solutions hot water Cylinder. They are an Irish company and are a finalist in the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2011.

We arrived home at the end of the first weekend following installation to find the bottom floor of the house under water. The cylinder was "faulty" according to the solar installer and confirmed the next day by Joule. We were told that they accepted full responsibility and their insurance would pay for it. "Claim for everything" is what I was told. I offered to accept a discount on the cylinder rather than engaging their insurance company in an effort to get the ceiling and partition wall replaced quickly. They refused saying that they would prefer to use their insurance. They promised last week to replace the cylinder.

We were instructed to go through our own insurance and their insurance details (FBD) would follow.

It's 10 days later and they now refuse to give me their insurance details. I found out today that they are no longer accepting responsibility.

Our own insurance company's assessor has now halved the amount he thinks it will cost to rectify the damage. We can't claim for ANY of the cleanup costs. Three of us spent the entire day mopping, squeezing bath towels and then a few days running a dehumidifier all day/night. He told us we will loose our no claims bonus because Joule is refusing to cooperate. It no longer makes financial sense as our future premiums will be effected.

Now they are not returning my calls. We haven't paid for the solar system yet.

Joule have well and truly shafted us. What are our rights?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Was the offer of full liability acceptance in writing, in person or over the phone? Who was it that made the offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mad Benny

Was the offer of full liability acceptance in writing, in person or over the phone? Who was it that made the offer?
    It was over the phone Aidan but the solar installer heard it too. I'm not sure what the chaps title was but he apologised and said the solar installer was not to blame. His company Joule were.

Advertisement