Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Megga phone anouncements Ashtown.

Options
  • 02-11-2011 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

"Get off the line" Quiet a lot at the moment, never heard it before, sounds like a load of clowns are messing with the tracks, any news?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Happens a lot around Broombridge; if it weren't for people on the tracks i'd never know the line was there, the trains are so quiet except when blaring the horn on Broombridge approach (live about 30m from the tracks, just before the curve into Broombridge)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭floorpie

I practically live on the track near Coolmine station, and you're right, ye almost wouldn't notice the train lines except for the speakers at the station.

"du dum dum dummm We are sorry to announce, that the...seven...forty two...train to....Maynooth..."

Seems unnecessarily loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

That's bs to me as far as trains are concerned. I don't know how many times the train blasted it's horn after midnight any day coming through Ashtown station. Can't imagine people being on the tracks that often. Also just last month there was another message at the station every fifteen minutes or so, not there now so don't know but does that still happen too? Way ott.

Advertisement