Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Today I saw a car for sale

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I'd have any tbh, such a cult car.

Obviously, money not object i'd have a WOB Trueno, but really all you want is the 86 chassis with the 4age engine, they are about the drive, not the look.

Nice tidy example for double the money
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/10943793

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Looks like a shedload of money to me for a 1.6 sh1tbox with a welded diff.

You're way off the mark, it has a SR20DE engine, which can be turbocharged, and is running a LSD, he just happens to be supplying a welded diff with it.

It is a decent bit of money, but less than what others are going for and definitely not a '1.6 welded diff sh1tbox'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Would prefer a hatchback Levin myself but I'd take any '86 tbh.

Anyway, in keeping with the Jap theme

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/new-15-months-nct-toyota-corolla-tercel-1984/10931278

I think this is seriously nice for the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Wow, that Tercel is awesome.

It's kinda cool, but €2700?

• Advertisement

Its been for sale a while, so if you could assault him with an offer of 23/2400 it'd be a cracker.

Out of curiosity what do you think its worth? I'd have thought around the mid 2s would be it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Would prefer a hatchback Levin myself but I'd take any '86 tbh.

Anyway, in keeping with the Jap theme

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/new-15-months-nct-toyota-corolla-tercel-1984/10931278

I think this is seriously nice for the money.

noob question but looks rwd ? if so decent value considering the vintage rwd toyota 'scene tax'

I'd say he'd be lucky to get €1k.

I mean it's a classic case of someone thinking rare = valuable. Sure it's rare, but where's the demand for early 80's FWD cars that are almost similar to a Corolla.

You'd probably be a better man to name it's price.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Ned1tp

(LINK FOR 86 WAS HERE)

Very reasonable 86.

nothing cheap about that. hes looking for about 2 grand too much for what it is (by what it is i mean its a dirty original car with crusty plastics etc and muck everywhere as it was never restored)

Do you think you'd get one much cheaper?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

It's very cheap for what it is.

From reading the ad, that one is actually a 2.0 turbo. It's also the only one on donedeal for under €10k, horses for courses.

Edit: more like 2.0 n/a but it says it's running an LSD.

While I have no desire to own one I do appreciate a well presented Twin Cam.

This isn't one.

Do you think you'd get one much cheaper?

they're not easy to come across but yes you would.

Ned1tp wrote: »

Links or anything to back that up?

I'd say he'd be lucky to get €1k.

I mean it's a classic case of someone thinking rare = valuable. Sure it's rare, but where's the demand for early 80's FWD cars that are almost similar to a Corolla.

You'd probably be a better man to name it's price.

I don't know it's just the price of bog standard Irish corollas that lads do go mad for. You'd think this would appeal to so many here instead but it seems not

Big Nasty wrote: »
    While I have no desire to own one I do appreciate a well presented Twin Cam.

This isn't one.

Absolutely, it's not the best presented by any means, but it is the cheapest ready to drive example for sale at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭alias no.9

davycc wrote: »
    noob question but looks rwd ? if so decent value considering the vintage rwd toyota 'scene tax'

FWD the Tercel was the Nissan Tiida of its day, a low rent Corrolla

Ned1tp wrote: »

If you do find a ready to drive, reg'd, running, tested ae86 for 5k, do drop me a message :)

Links or anything to back that up?

theres only one other on donedeal (its in cork) to compare it to, despite it having aftermarket quarters and wings it is much much more cleaner and it going for 7k despite it needing a couple of small parts to be completely finished so your man is looking for 750 more for a car that is nowhere near as clean.

If you do find a ready to drive, reg'd, running, tested ae86 for 5k, do drop me a message :)

you could find one no problem for 5750 ish which is the 2k less than your man. you wont find one over night but if you are in with forums and have 86 friends and are looking hard you will.

Yeah, i'd be none of those things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

alias no.9 wrote: »

ah sh1te:(:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

I don't think the Tercel was ever as ugly, pathetic, sh*tty and hateful as the Tiida, which I would rank even above the Micra in that regard. Amazing how Nissan manages to churn out so many God awful cars for the blue rinse and school run brigade. And every now and then something awesome. Its like they don't know what they want to be.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/11184239

Nice commuter car for when MR2 is life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/11184239

Nice commuter car for when MR2 is life.

I have no problems with swapping engines in cars, but a diesel in that doesn't sit well with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Ugh wat who da fuk converts a mr2 to desul? jesus wept :confused:.

It's not purist. But if you have a huge commute and a Passat just doesn't excite you it's a really fun option, looks spotless and very well maintained, not like it's a half arsed job. Probably drives well too. I know the generic answer is to hate on it, but it actually has appeal.

I like that a lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 459 ✭✭nmacc

Some years ago I worked with a very experienced mechanic in New York and the subject of Tercels came up - they were quite common over there.

He described the Tercel as 'the only lemon Toyota ever produced'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

bear1 wrote: »
    Considering it doesn't have AC then I'd seriously doubt that to be a Jap import. If I'm right as well, the symbol next to the name Corolla would presume that it's either an original Irish car or UK. The Japanese didn't use those symbols to denote trim level.
    Talking ****e I would rather say.

That's a Corolla Terra. Bog Irish spec, Jdm me hole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It's not purist. But if you have a huge commute and a Passat just doesn't excite you it's a really fun option, looks spotless and very well maintained, not like it's a half arsed job. Probably drives well too. I know the generic answer is to hate on it, but it actually has appeal.

Except being mid engined the extra weight of a diesel block may through the handling off and you'd have to listen to the loud diesel clatter from over your shoulder too. All wrong imo.

As it happens, the original 3sgte is an iron block and weighs 145kgs and the 1AD diesel block is aluminium and weighs just 110!

I'l also be the first to say it's a 20 year old Toyota, diesel rattle is hardly going to make or break the experience.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/11185766

Shocking way to try get shut of a Caddy. Could he really not get €450 cash

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/suzuki-alto-1988/11180213

Know the guy selling this, have seen it in the flesh a few times and it is in incredible nick. It is identical to mine too with the same mileage and only a year older. Mad!

Reminds me of my Colt :pac:

23446732314_9a6ab7ecb3_b.jpg

Anyway, something doesn't look right here;

CpqZFJE.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

I was going to say that I think I saw your colt the other day GvidoR!! Did you sell it on to someone in Dublin? How many blue Colts with black boot lids can there be :D

• Advertisement

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    I was going to say that I think I saw your colt the other day GvidoR!! Did you sell it on to someone in Dublin? How many blue Colts with black boot lids can there be :D

No idea where it went to because I left it with a wheeler dealer kind of a person. I only saw it once a day or two after in Carrick-on-Shannon but haven't seen it since then. :(

There's actually a green colt around here with a gloss black boot lid. :pac:

Was the one you saw 00-D reg and had a matte black boot lid? Or any of those stickers left in the left side of the window?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

GvidoR wrote: »
    No idea where it went to because I left it with a wheeler dealer kind of a person. I only saw it once a day or two after in Carrick-on-Shannon but haven't seen it since then. :(

There's actually a green colt around here with a gloss black boot lid. :pac:

Was the one you saw 00-D reg and had a matte black boot lid? Or any of those stickers left in the left side of the window?

I didn't get a good look at it to be honest. I saw it on the far side of a roundabout on an M50 junction. I don't think it had any stickers but I saw more of the right hand side than the left. It definitely had a long european plate rather than a jap style plate too. A blue colt with a matt black boot, how many can there be in the country!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Seller is really honest :D :
    ''car is cheap as is not giving it away know more fu*king time wasting muppets ''
    That Celica has no NCT since 2013 and he wants 2700.What a muppet :D

http://www.adverts.ie/car/toyota/celica/toyota-celica-190bhp-big-spec/9544001
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-celica-trd-spec-need-gone/10831497

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

^^^
    Haven't we seen him before? It was a Celica, ads on adverts.ie and Dung Deal, starts out with sh*tty attitude and insulting everyone already in the ad and goes mental when people invariably take the piss.

edit:
    Interesting stats, 62 ads in total, 17 sold, 42 withdrawn.

That was a different Celica with another ignorant seller Dr. Fuzz.

That's shocking, that'd be a €1500 car if it was tested.

Best bit imo is the TRD wind deflectors, got a good chuckle from that.

• Advertisement

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/11188458

Nice looking car. Reminds me of when people aspired to Fords.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

A family run business?

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/11142806

The want is strong with that one.

I remember mam had a 90 k10 Micra that was rusting to death and she got a 94 4 door one of these afterwards. It felt so modern by comparison.

The steering was much lighter, the doors shut much firmer, the seats were softer, even the key was nicer! There was always mad trouble with it though. I forget what trim it was (possibly LX?) but it was very good, at the time it had a clock, intermittent wipers, a passenger side mirror and hub caps.

Strange because I had a 92 one many many years later and found it to be hardy as ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭Bigus

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/11142806

The want is strong with that one.

I remember mam had a 90 k10 Micra that was rusting to death and she got a 94 4 door one of these afterwards. It felt so modern by comparison.

The steering was much lighter, the doors shut much firmer, the seats were softer, even the key was nicer! There was always mad trouble with it though.

Strange because I had a 92 one many many years later and found it to be hardy as ****.

Simple she didn't drive it hard enough:D

Tfb if you're feeling nostalgic, this one is going cheap :D

http://www.adverts.ie/car/ford/fiesta/1991-ford-fiesta-for-sale/9233964

Even though I can't see any rust, it looks very rusty :pac:

I find myself in Tallaght once a month, and each time without fail I see a lovely lovely 1993 red 3dr model in the car park of the church I'm visiting. I'd love to see it elsewhere for a picture but am yet to!

I'd love to buy that auto example, I've had mk1,2,4,5 fiestas but never a mk3, but gone are them days that i would buy it for the laugh (i think/hope)

Didn't realise that white one was auto, mine was too! Want level has increased dramatically.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement