Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Today I saw a car for sale

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Another nice coupe? I'm seriously tempted by this one.

27595282.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Hal1 wrote: »
    Another nice coupe? I'm seriously tempted by this one.

27595282.jpeg

I'd hold out for a 2.2, that I6 just makes sense.

Is that the 5 pot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

CianRyan wrote: »
    I'd hold out for a 2.2, that I6 just makes sense.
    Is that the 5 pot?

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That red one is 4 cyl

• Advertisement

Is that the 5 pot?

320CI is the 2.2 straight six, the one above is a 4 banger.
    Not bad (looks wise, it's very attractive) but not as good as the straight six, especially for the difference in monies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

It's overpriced regardless

It's overpriced regardless

That it is, by about €2000!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭NewApproach

• Advertisement

Yeah, I'd pick that one! :D

Much better!
    Loads left in the budget for a nicer set of wheels too. :p

That M5 looks nice alright (Tempting even if milage is abit high) and that 320CI is spot on moneywise milage wouldn't bother me on those I6's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

I'd rather spend a few quid more on an M Sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Any 320ci e46 for 1k is gonna be a money pit.

@the w8 Passat, nicest Passat I've ever seen, but that wheel is mank... Came in basic English mk4 Golfs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

"1985 Saab 900 Turbo 16v 2L, Lovely driving car, red leather interior , very rare model."

http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/saab-900-turbo-for-sale/6858929

Yes please I love the colour scheme really compliments its early 80s ness:D

So many people love those Saabs, I think they're unbelievably ugly.

Oh hot damn

W124 E500 AMG

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭wotswattage

CianRyan wrote: »
    So many people love those Saabs, I think they're unbelievably ugly.

That's half the reason people like them. Quirky/different/eccentric!
    I'd love one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

These Unique RS's just keep popping up...

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/focus-rs-diesel/6869299

Not a skangermobile today, but Derve for performance car win!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Bigus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

That's half the reason people like them. Quirky/different/eccentric!
    I'd love one.
    It depends on the saab really.

older true saabs were great yokes Imo, they were all what you say in your post. Most of the gm saabs are a bit meh though Imo.

What the frick frack has happened to this? E38 interior?

Jensen Interceptor "LWB"

That is very confusing to look at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

today i saw a car for sale... so i phoned to arrange to view it.

car was cheap for what i was and only advertised just less than a day so i knew time was of the essence :P (99 blue corolla 3dr in waterford if anyone seen it on donedeal)

rang the number and they said the car would be available to view after 3pm as they had to collect the kids from school. fine says i, i rang them at 3 to say i would leave shortly to arrive around 4 to view the car. perfect, i got local directions from them and the name of a pub car park to meet them in.

hit the road, around three quarters of an hour later arrive in the agree'd pub car park in a village i'd never been in before. rang the seller to say i had arrived. no answer. just our car and another occupied volvo estate in the car park. rang the seller again, no answer. so i wait a minute or two.

next up, the car i'm waiting on cruises into the car park, straight over to the volvo. both parties get out, shake hands and the volvo driver starts looking about the corolla. confused to say the least, we walk over, only to be ignored by both parties, so i said aloud "i'm here to have a look at the corolla"... ignored again, at a range of about 2 meters. the volvo driver swiftly says "what's your bottom line", (without even driving it or looking at the passenger side of it) and the seller replies "x", volvo driver counts the cash and signs the logbook. at which point i walk away, confused and annoyed.

got back in the car, get half way home and the seller rings me. "i'm so sorry, i didn't realise it was two separate people interested in the car, i didn't know it was two different people in contact with me". yeah, sure you didn't realise when two people were asking you about the car over the phone, when two people were asking for directions to where you were and when someone was ringing you to say they were there when you were already talking to an interested party, or did you just think there was an echo down the phone?

not too sick i didn't get the car, plenty more corollas in the sea. wasted a good hour or two going to meet them though. the least she could have said was that someone else was interested too or to stagger the times at which we arrive. but to point blank ignore me on arrival. ffs.

When im selling the ST i need to hire a friend to do what you did.

Thats genius !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

That is one of the maddest car sale stories I've heard!!!!!!:pac:

Sucks for you though :(

literally watched the whole sale take place (a sale i turned up to make) from a fly on the wall point of view. literally standing no more than 2 meters away from the whole dealing as if i wasn't even there. so weird.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/damagedcars-for-sale/astra-opc-2-0-turbo/6871466

Imagine that bastard of a car back on the roads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭noelf

literally watched the whole sale take place (a sale i turned up to make) from a fly on the wall point of view. literally standing no more than 2 meters away from the whole dealing as if i wasn't even there. so weird.
    Were you tempted to offer more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I've taxed worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

The seller could have done better with the ad something like the usual
    "Car is 100%. needs nothing only a headlight and wing. Cheap car first to see will buy" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Clarkson- "I've bought a vauxhall and it's maaad" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Would they sell the wheels :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Beautiful!
    But he'll struggle to get near that price for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I did that before when selling a car. I had literally no spare time. Explained to everyone I was busy but would be at point X at X time and that they were all free to poke, prod and test the car and if any were interested in discussing it further we would talk there an then.

Turned up to 4 potential buyers who all brought a friend/mechanic, all questions answered, service history produced, test drives given. Two made offers in private (I wasn't getting a bidding war going so it was up to them to decide what they felt it was worth). One offered €100 less but had the cash ready to go so the sale was done there and then.

I'd do it in future TBH as it really separates out time wasters and bullsh1t for both parties.

• Moderators Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

:pac:

You were actually having an out of body experience! You did buy the car.

Anyways, its not a 99, but my girlfriends mother will most likely be selling her 95 corolla in June. The car was handed down to her, previously owned by a relative who passed away. 40something miles on the clock. Bonnet and roof resprayed about a year/18 months ago. Full new exhaust system (Clipped the exhaust off the gate stopper in the middle of a driveway and ruined it all, a cool €500 from what ive heard). Condition inside is great from what I remember. Outside is pretty good too. Dent on the boot is the main spoiling point. I did give the bumpers a good going over with Gtechnik C4 last summer. Brought them up nicely.

Anyways, just if you're in the market for an old corolla, shout.
    PIC

You were actually having an out of body experience! You did buy the car.

Anyways, its not a 99, but my girlfriends mother will most likely be selling her 95 corolla in June. The car was handed down to her, previously owned by a relative who passed away. 40something miles on the clock. Bonnet and roof resprayed about a year/18 months ago. Full new exhaust system (Clipped the exhaust off the gate stopper in the middle of a driveway and ruined it all, a cool €500 from what ive heard). Condition inside is great from what I remember. Outside is pretty good too. Dent on the boot is the main spoiling point. I did give the bumpers a good going over with Gtechnik C4 last summer. Brought them up nicely.

Anyways, just if you're in the market for an old corolla, shout.
    PIC

wow, that car looks really good. just looking at how straight the panels are and how clear the headlights are! it'd be a shame to see some twat buy it and give it the superlites treatment, not many left like that now.

offer appreciated but i'm pretty much set on a pre facelift e11 model, either 3dr hatch or 4dr saloon. mainly because they seem to be the cheapest model corolla going at the minute (even e10's like yours seem to be selling for more) and i just want a disposable car that i could just dump at the end of the stint, plus i'l be doing 600+ miles a week during the winter in it so i'd like ABS and Airbags :P

let me know where that e10 is heading though, it's lovely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

today i saw a car for sale... so i phoned to arrange to view it.

car was cheap for what i was and only advertised just less than a day so i knew time was of the essence :P (99 blue corolla 3dr in waterford if anyone seen it on donedeal)

rang the number and they said the car would be available to view after 3pm as they had to collect the kids from school. fine says i, i rang them at 3 to say i would leave shortly to arrive around 4 to view the car. perfect, i got local directions from them and the name of a pub car park to meet them in.

hit the road, around three quarters of an hour later arrive in the agree'd pub car park in a village i'd never been in before. rang the seller to say i had arrived. no answer. just our car and another occupied volvo estate in the car park. rang the seller again, no answer. so i wait a minute or two.

next up, the car i'm waiting on cruises into the car park, straight over to the volvo. both parties get out, shake hands and the volvo driver starts looking about the corolla. confused to say the least, we walk over, only to be ignored by both parties, so i said aloud "i'm here to have a look at the corolla"... ignored again, at a range of about 2 meters. the volvo driver swiftly says "what's your bottom line", (without even driving it or looking at the passenger side of it) and the seller replies "x", volvo driver counts the cash and signs the logbook. at which point i walk away, confused and annoyed.

got back in the car, get half way home and the seller rings me. "i'm so sorry, i didn't realise it was two separate people interested in the car, i didn't know it was two different people in contact with me". yeah, sure you didn't realise when two people were asking you about the car over the phone, when two people were asking for directions to where you were and when someone was ringing you to say they were there when you were already talking to an interested party, or did you just think there was an echo down the phone?

not too sick i didn't get the car, plenty more corollas in the sea. wasted a good hour or two going to meet them though. the least she could have said was that someone else was interested too or to stagger the times at which we arrive. but to point blank ignore me on arrival. ffs.
    Same thing happened me before, I showed up before the other guy though, the seller told neither of us that others were coming to view it at the same time. All in all a horrible experience.

• Advertisement

rocky wrote: »

He had it advertised for awhile with no price on it. I THINK I know who the previous owner was, I'd love to see what they bought instead. Diesel no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Ok it is a little far away. But this is epically priced, €2500 for a v10??
    http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/cto/4423414014.html

(I'm going there on vacation later in the year...hence why I'm looking)

• Moderators Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

wow, that car looks really good. just looking at how straight the panels are and how clear the headlights are! it'd be a shame to see some twat buy it and give it the superlites treatment, not many left like that now.

offer appreciated but i'm pretty much set on a pre facelift e11 model, either 3dr hatch or 4dr saloon. mainly because they seem to be the cheapest model corolla going at the minute (even e10's like yours seem to be selling for more) and i just want a disposable car that i could just dump at the end of the stint, plus i'l be doing 600+ miles a week during the winter in it so i'd like ABS and Airbags :P

let me know where that e10 is heading though, it's lovely!

Ill keep ya posted anyways. Probably mention it here if/when she's selling. It only owes her the €500 quid for the exhaust so im pretty sure she'd be happy if she got that back, maybe a little something extra to sweeten the deal.

One day what? You'll get married? Lol

One day what? You'll get married? Lol

It will be mine! Well, this or a Daimler DS420.

They're just fecking lovely.

Not a 3500 = not cool :(

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Not a 3500 = not cool :(

Indeed, and probably the wrong colour too. A red one would be superb.

Kaiser D wrote: »
    Indeed, and probably the wrong colour too. A red one would be superb.

Personally I like the blue a lot :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement