Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Today I saw a car for sale

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Neilw

JohnBoy26 wrote: »

About right on price, 5 door mk2's are not really sought after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Will sell cheaper without wheels.
    Huh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,843 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Hal1 wrote: »
    Huh?

I think the seller means the car will be cheaper without the alloys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It'll also be marginally lower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Wet dream stuff!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

I've seen that 166 a few times in the flesh...damn it's minty!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

That RX7 is looking well. Looks kinda like an ae86 in a way, especially in the rear 3/4 shot.
    Seems a little too cheap surely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

That RX7 is looking well. Looks kinda like an ae86 in a way, especially in the rear 3/4 shot.
    Seems a little too cheap surely?

That's a twin-chamber Wankel, isn't it? I should say great is the horror and the scare of that in Ireland! :pac:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mazda-MX5-MK2-Show-Stopper-1-000-000-Scene-Points-/181448476521?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2a3f2c0769
    $_12.JPG
    Before you ask, the flames have been confirmed as adding the additional 50 BHP by two separate people on the MX5NUTZ Facebook page. You will need to declare this to your insurance under 'badges indicating increased performance'.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/corolla-turbo/7112884

another GT4d sleeper corolla in FWd format this time and a fair price too:D:D

id say its some crack:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Fairly sure I have seen that Yaris around in person.

What a tool indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

What's the story with it? Not sure why he's an eejit unless i've missed something obvious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

What's the story with it? Not sure why he's an eejit unless i've missed something obvious!

Me neither. Aside from the money being very slightly strong, maybe. Nice bit of kit.

He's after something posh and it's faster than a RB25 skyline.

it's certainly not "golf gti quick"... i also couldn't see it loosing a WRX impreza or a Skyline turbo in any circumstance other than a multi story car park.

"TRD factory stiffened chassis". would that not be a TTE chassis on what he tells us is a European model?... no, its actually the same chassis as the 1.0

claims of 70mpg... stop, please, more mpg that a prius, in a warm hatch, honestly?
    im selling for somthing posh thanks for looking no mad offers ill just turn and walk

what a twat.

the painted interior looks really ****. it's poverty spec with no a/c and a single din cassette player. bodywork is in a bad way. missing its boot spoiler, wrong badges in the wrong places on the boot, wrong side skirts... i wouldn't be shocked if he put the 1.5 engine and t-sport seats into an irish 1.0

i owned a jap one. it was a bit of fun for sure, but he's writing cheques that that car can't cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭massy086

it's certainly not "golf gti quick"... i also couldn't see it loosing a WRX impreza or a Skyline turbo in any circumstance other than a multi story car park.

"TRD factory stiffened chassis". would that not be a TTE chassis on what he tells us is a European model?... no, its actually the same chassis as the 1.0

claims of 70mpg... stop, please, more mpg that a prius, in a warm hatch, honestly?

what a twat.

the painted interior looks really ****. it's poverty spec with no a/c and a single din cassette player. bodywork is in a bad way. missing its boot spoiler, wrong badges in the wrong places on the boot, wrong side skirts... i wouldn't be shocked if he put the 1.5 engine and t-sport seats into an irish 1.0

i owned a jap one. it was a bit of fun for sure, but he's writing cheques that that car can't cash.
    its real alright https://www.cartell.ie/ssl/servlet/beginStarLookup?registration=01g7143 but why no spoiler has it seen the other side of a hedge ????

any excuse for a pic :)

72259551.jpg
    12148066.jpg

• Advertisement

I own Suzukis version of this the Ignis Sport and it does do 40mpg easy but no more cos of the close ratio gearbox .

I have a far better JWRC inspired chassis than the Yaris and mine is under 900kgs now after some basic free lightening mods but I wouldnt stand a chance against a WRX or Skyline down a backroad:o

Always fancied an ignis sport myself, they look like a bit of cost effective fun :), they seem to go very cheap for what they are. they look cool and featuring plenty of top names enkei wheels and recaro interior as standard are they not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Always fancied an ignis sport myself, they look like a bit of cost effective fun :), they seem to go very cheap for what they are. they look cool and featuring plenty of top names enkei wheels and recaro interior as standard are they not?

Bits from the Opel/Vauxhall parts bin are also fitted to them, switches like that fitted to a mid 90's vectra etc.

yep very cheap alright I got my 2004 for 1500E and its original irish car with 43k at the time:cool:

Fishnet headrest Recaro seats-enkei white 15s- aircon-fake carbon dash JWRC inspired bodykit ,4 vented discs all as standard:D

"Shed of the week" on Pistonheads too great review there and comical comments there;)-only downsides are parts are very dear-ride is backbreaking stiff and with the close ration box your at 4000rpm at 120kph so not ideal lol.

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=30296

Bits from the Opel/Vauxhall parts bin are also fitted to them, switches like that fitted to a mid 90's vectra etc.

I know some early vaux agila parts are compatable with the regular non sport ignis like certain suspension bits - never noticed any vectra switches myself though?

any in particular i can double check in the morn?:eek:

Kinda regret not buying one this time last year. :/
    Still, when it comes to having a daily along side the Mazda they seem like a good plan. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

davycc wrote: »
    I know some early vaux agila parts are compatable with the regular non sport ignis lie certain suspension bits - never noticed any vectra switches myself though?

any in particular i can double check in the morn?:eek:

The wiper and indicater stalks are 100% Opel, well in the normal ignis anyway :cool:

The wiper and indicater stalks are 100% Opel, well in the normal ignis anyway :cool:

Id have the same in mine then:( same dash too:o

Thanks JB you know how to bring a man down to size lol:D

CianRyan wrote: »
    Kinda regret not buying one this time last year. :/
    Still, when it comes to having a daily along side the Mazda they seem like a good plan. :cool:

Im looking at a few options like an Na Mx5 and Celica 190s as replacements at the min and will be selling her in a months time when i get 12mths NCT again- Insurance is pennys on these too great for young drivers:D cough coufhgh

• Advertisement

Im looking at a few options like an Na Mx5 and Celica 190s as replacements at the min and will be selling her in a months time when i get 12mths NCT again- Insurance is pennys on these too great for young drivers:D cough coufhgh

You'll have to pry the keys from my cold dead hands, I have big boosty plans for my little Mazda, that's why I'll need an Ignis to save my pocket day to day. :p
    Won't be for at least a year though!

We may arrange to play with each other's cars once mine's ready to rock it's standard form though. :)

CianRyan wrote: »
    You'll have to pry the keys from my cold dead hands, I have big boosty plans for my little Mazda, that's why I'll need an Ignis to save my pocket day to day. :p
    Won't be for at least a year though!

We may arrange to play with each other's cars once mine's ready to rock it's standard form though. :)

sound I think the bright blue yours is is the best colour for them too- there are a few tasty 5s in my little village including a supercharged red NB :cool:

Ive had a few dices vs mx5s down my local private Touge and been very impressed with them even as standard;)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/commercial-a6-quatro/7247391
    30983159.jpeg
    This looks interesting. It looks an absolute shed but I'd love to have a go at tidying it up a bit.

Kaiser D wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/commercial-a6-quatro/7247391
    30983159.jpeg
    This looks interesting. It looks an absolute shed but I'd love to have a go at tidying it up a bit.

Id like to crush it asap and put it out of its misery:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Pops_20

Pops_20 wrote: »

awesome!:D id love that as a daily;)

awesome!:D id love that as a daily;)

I know it's less than ten years old, supercharged, VRT paid, and probably great fun to drive, but just think what else you could import for 8k! I suppose at that price you don't have to go to the hassle of importing it yourself and there's probably a profit in there for the seller as well.

I know it's less than ten years old, supercharged, VRT paid, and probably great fun to drive, but just think what else you could import for 8k! I suppose at that price you don't have to go to the hassle of importing it yourself and there's probably a profit in there for the seller as well.

Yeah, you could probably import a 2.5 or 3.0 something, but this is fun and econimical/cheap to tax (:pac:) - best of both worlds really.

I'd love that. Put standard bumpers all around, remove any outward clues to what's under the bonnet, and you've got an amazing sleeper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,843 ✭✭✭✭bear1

A manual as well, pretty rare I'd say even for a JDM.
    That sort of Yaris I'd drive no bother.
    Would love someone in a bigger engined car to tailgate me only to become gobsmacked when I put the foot down :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

I'd love that. Put standard bumpers all around, remove any outward clues to what's under the bonnet, and you've got an amazing sleeper.

I'd be doing the same...feck I'd be putting it on steelies

How much power do they put out?

(And steelies would be a must...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Some of them claim over 200bhp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭rocky

Are they faster than 6.5s 0-100km/h?

colm_mcm wrote: »

Levels of want increasing...

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »

The 1.8 VVT-i engine in the european spec RS is supposed to put out 130bhp I think, and the 1.5 in the jap model somewhere around 105 bhp standard. But this is the TRD edition so are the internals uprated along with the added supercharger, exhaust etc? I dunno, where's Toyotafanboi when you need him :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I'd rather ate my own stones than drive a Yaris tbh. I don't care how quick it is.

Jensen Interceptor V10
    $_57.JPG

:eek::cool::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭massy086

Kaiser D wrote: »
    Jensen Interceptor V10
    $_57.JPG

:eek::cool::eek:
    Stunning car

The 1.8 VVT-i engine in the european spec RS is supposed to put out 130bhp I think, and the 1.5 in the jap model somewhere around 105 bhp standard. But this is the TRD edition so are the internals uprated along with the added supercharger, exhaust etc? I dunno, where's Toyotafanboi when you need him :rolleyes:

i dont know :o

the 1.5 vvti jap spec is 105bhp in n/a form as you said and when trd turbo'd it in the mk1 yaris it made 145 i believe, so i suppose that gives you a guideline figure as to what to expect from the SC model perhaps :P

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement