Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Today I saw a car for sale

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Your car doesn't show up in the general celica search on done deal. Nice car

It does for me? Under "Celica" "Toyota Celica"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It does for me? Under "Celica" "Toyota Celica"

I think he was saying by searching Toyota from drop down menu and then celica from other drop down menu. It also does not show up for me by searching that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

bazz26 wrote: »

Converted hearse? looks to be a bit long to be a grinder job on a saloon :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭dougie-lampkin

Converted hearse? looks to be a bit long to be a grinder job on a saloon :confused:

merc300d.jpg

32556184.jpeg

Looks like a saloon conversion. Taxed as commercial (€333 p/a) which is a bit of a bonus. And from 2016 on it could always be returned to private class for even cheaper tax :D

Probaly a saloon, if it was an estate he wouldn't of had to move the filler cap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭EunanMac

The ad says it was a saloon conversion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,521 ✭✭✭✭Esel

We are inclined to disbelieve ads, for some not so strange reason.

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »

I see it now.., the edge trim going as far back to where the 'c' pillar would have been. probably makes sense to start with a hearse - a lot of the coachwork would have been done for free, plus the all important 'chape tax' :D

The nct would be a 'dead' cert.... :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I think this is either an estate or a saloon conversion. I can't see any undertaker worth his salt having a manual hearse that runs on the devils fuel..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭mondymike

I think this is either an estate or a saloon conversion. I can't see any undertaker worth his salt having a manual hearse that runs on the devils fuel..

Saloon surely. Rear lights on estates are vertical.

• Advertisement

mondymike wrote: »
    Saloon surely. Rear lights on estates are vertical.

The most obvious of clues are always missed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭EunanMac

Esel wrote: »

Why would he lie about it being a saloon conversion ? What benefit ?

EunanMac wrote: »
    Why would he lie about it being a saloon conversion ? What benefit ?
    It was a general comment, not about that particular ad.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

American spec Honda Accord crossover thing.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-accord-crosstour-4wd-us-import-lhd/7651603?sv=1

Probably more suited to the dreamer of the year thread though at that asking price.

bazz26 wrote: »
    American spec Honda Accord crossover thing.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-accord-crosstour-4wd-us-import-lhd/7651603?sv=1

Probably more suited to the dreamer of the year thread though at that asking price.

Very odd looking yoke altogether. Unless they were worth that in Europe somewhere I can't see anyone being mad enough to buy it.

Very odd looking yoke altogether. Unless they were worth that in Europe somewhere I can't see anyone being mad enough to buy it.

Very difficult to import them to the continent too. (Spain for example) US type approval not accepted by them anymore so cue expensive engineers reports. Registered a Mustang in Spain 2 years ago that I brought back from a stint working in the US, vowed never to do it again.

Very difficult to import them to the continent too. (Spain for example) US type approval not accepted by them anymore so cue expensive engineers reports. Registered a Mustang in Spain 2 years ago that I brought back from a stint working in the US, vowed never to do it again.

I heard that alright, it's actually how I ended up with my Bmw e30. Sometimes one can be thankful for these types of thing ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

1993 RX-7 FD - €2600

32867708.jpeg

Would absolutely love this. Looking at the other picture though I guess there is some work to do but it's not mentioned in the ad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mg-zr-160-1-8-vvti-swap-1-years-warrant/3779319

i know i posted this before, but it's still up.

so tempted to trade in, so tempted. my corolla is probably worth more than it, retail wise so it couldn't cost me a considerable amount i'd say.

would it be a stupid idea?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mg-zr-160-1-8-vvti-swap-1-years-warrant/3779319

so tempted to trade in, so tempted. my corolla is probably worth more than it, retail wise so it couldn't cost me a considerable amount i'd say.

I think it wouldn't be the wisest tbh. The Corolla is a far better and a far more modern car from the class above. It's also far less likely to give you any issues, those mg/rovers were very hit and miss with build quality.

indeed. i had a 03 1.4 ZR for a year or two and a lot of things broke, a lot of things. and mine was well maintained. tailgate wiring loom had to be replaced, sunroof leaked, heater blower resistor broke a few times, wiper motor, engine mounts and naturally the head gasket went, it was also quite rusty for a car that was only around 6 years old at the time.

all that said, i look back fondy and it was a fun car, very handsome and very well spec'd. i appreciate it would probably break my heart but i am genuinely considering it. ii will confront the missus tomorrow :).

i don't really like the e12... i'm not sure why. maybe it was the circumstance in which i acquired it, but whatever, i'm not loving it really. i guess i'm asking what can i get for 4k, that will be handsome, fun and not be a bank breaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    I think it wouldn't be the wisest tbh. The Corolla is a far better and a far more modern car from the class above. It's also far less likely to give you any issues, those mg/rovers were very hit and miss with build quality.

Depends which year you get IMO.
    The build quality rapidly decreased after the early '00s

Depends which year you get IMO.
    The build quality rapidly decreased after the early '00s

They improved them in some areas(gearbox) and worsened them in other areas, especially on the facelifts(electrics, cheap interiors etc). :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

1.8 vvti swap, timing belt done?
    Is the seller implying that it has a toyota engine?

Its an actual 160 1.8 so what engine swap are they they on about?

indeed. i had a 03 1.4 ZR for a year or two and a lot of things broke, a lot of things. and mine was well maintained. tailgate wiring loom had to be replaced, sunroof leaked, heater blower resistor broke a few times, wiper motor, engine mounts and naturally the head gasket went, it was also quite rusty for a car that was only around 6 years old at the time.

all that said, i look back fondy and it was a fun car, very handsome and very well spec'd. i appreciate it would probably break my heart but i am genuinely considering it. ii will confront the missus tomorrow :).

i don't really like the e12... i'm not sure why. maybe it was the circumstance in which i acquired it, but whatever, i'm not loving it really. i guess i'm asking what can i get for 4k, that will be handsome, fun and not be a bank breaker.

If you really want an mg zr I'd sell the corolla privately and buy a cheaper example than that one. With that one you won't see much of your €3.5k come resale imo, with a cheaper example you won't be losing much, if anything. :)

• Advertisement

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    They improved them in some areas(gearbox) and worsened them in other areas, especially on the facelifts(electrics, cheap interiors etc). :)

They mean vvc(rovers equivalent of vvti, VTEC) I think when they mention swap they mean swap for another car :)

The CAPS LOCK thing and apparently broken Space Bar puts me right off, tbh. There is so much more off-putting stuff in the blurb too. Way, way too much...

So many cars, so little time. Way too less to not immediately click Back in this case.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Jesus, at that price I'd buy an EK4.

CianRyan wrote: »
    Jesus, at that price I'd buy an EK4.

If a good one could be found I'd agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

That MGZr makes my S3 look like even better value than it is 3500k for that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Cheap!?! :eek:
    +1
    Even for an xjr that is not cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭delynet

That's not a bicycle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭delynet

May include a bike but you can't see it with all the smoke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

delynet wrote: »
    Engine no smoke leaks anything came from sapphire with low miles 350(comes with recently fitted new clutch)

;)

It was a 07 BMW M5 with a dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree. Probably gone through now to appear another day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kwazar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

kwazar wrote: »

Clean it isn't but priced to represent the condition really. Good bangernomics still :)

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Clean it isn't but priced to represent the condition really. Good bangernomics still :)
    Do you think so? How much would it cost to repair such damage, looks like it needs something on both sides?

for a bangernomics car I wouldn't be spending money on paintwork repairs.

Do you think so? How much would it cost to repair such damage, looks like it needs something on both sides?

With that kinda of money you don't, you just drive, lol.

With that kinda of money you don't, you just drive, lol.

Really? Hmmm. Maybe I should consider it then for my wife. At least she won't be nervous about adding few more scratches. ;)

To be fair it's priced very well and that damage isn't terrible tbh. It could easily be repaired if you wanted to. apart from the damage it doesn't look a bad car.

• Advertisement

I seen that Corolla the other day and besides the cosmetic damage I was wondering why was it on the cheap side as those cars are pretty popular and fetch decent money. The first thing I was thinking was either fecked gearbox bearing or excessive oil usage.

If it is only cosmetic then I reckon you could drive that car for 12 months as is and nearly get your money back on it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement