Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Today I saw a car for sale

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭mossy50

i have a 1990 renault 5 gt raider 2 totally bog standard
    and ive owned for the past 18 years
    great car to go as there built like a tin can but i still love it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

h3000 wrote: »
    I always loved these. It would make a nice weekend toy / track car

€ 2,700

38878475.jpeg
    38878476.jpeg

If I had the cash I'd be all over that :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Hal1 wrote: »

Nice car but it is not 220 bhp like ad says.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Lada Riva 1200 L, I know, I know, but for some reason I wouldn't mind one of these now, would be a real head turner rightly or wrongly. Have not seen on for sale in Ireland for years.

38786918.jpeg

http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/lada-riva-1200-l/8850057?offset=1

The tin worm looks to be rightly taking hold. Is it really worth anything near €750. Maybe for a Russian foreign national whose getting sentimental. Still, seller seems to be a bit of a character...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

The tin worm looks to be rightly taking hold. Is it really worth anything near €750. Maybe for a Russian foreign national whose getting sentimental. Still, seller seems to be a bit of a character...

A good €600 overpriced. A guy from CCCI has been to see it and it's a parts car at best I'm told.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Would absolutely love this a Mitsubishi Galant VR4 for €950. Fair enough it needs a clutch but still..

37413615.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

ABS and Power Steering? Eh no actually, it doesn't have either.
    Dealers...

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/7747328
    Lotus Elise 1.8i K Series

Couple of his other cars have been for sale for years now.

That Mk1 Golf and 8 series especially

• Advertisement

Not surprised seeng as they know so little about their stock or are lying about them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

1951 Chevrolet Astro

I wonder what price he's got in mind?

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/chevrolet-astro-petrol/5252979

30597475.jpeg

215 views in 32 minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

A mk5 golf just in from Japan :confused: I've never heard of importing vw's in from Japan. Not exactly cheap or low mileage either. The number plate area on the back bumper is a dead give away.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-golf-1-4-tsi-auto-120-bhp/8918712

Bpmull wrote: »
    A mk5 golf just in from Japan :confused: I've never heard of importing vw's in from Japan. Not exactly cheap or low mileage either. The number plate area on the back bumper is a dead give away.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-golf-1-4-tsi-auto-120-bhp/8918712
    Probably turned up cheap in an auction. It's easier to get autos over there too by the looks of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

There's quite a lot of Euro stuff over there. That Golf doesn't seem great value though, but is about right for a JDM import

9 and a half grand, bahahahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Lada Riva 1200 L, I know, I know, but for some reason I wouldn't mind one of these now, would be a real head turner rightly or wrongly. Have not seen on for sale in Ireland for years.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/lada-riva-1200-l/8850057?offset=1

I'd love a Lada. There is also a Niva for sale right now and there was a LHD 2101 a little while ago, but that was quite overpriced.

I once even posted a wanted ad for a Lada and got a call from 3 people, two of which thought I was selling one, but there actually was a red Riva near Sligo that I went over to have a look.

14316358315_25c2976872_o.jpg

Needless to say, I didn't buy it. :P

Hmmm. have you got any pics of that red one Gvido? And details, do you know if it's still there? I know loadsa lads that'd buy that.

Anyone know how many red Riva's were sold in 1990?
    My dad bought one new and kept it till 2000, which he replaced with a red Almera saloon.

My dads not much of a car guy.
    That Lada though, I'd buy it back.

• Advertisement

CianRyan wrote: »
    Anyone know how many red Riva's were sold in 1990?
    My dad bought one new and kept it till 2000, which he replaced with a red Almera saloon.

My dads not much of a car guy.
    That Lada though, I'd buy it back.

A lot of them were red (even outside of Ireland) and a few of them sold here. There's one in kilmainham that's red.

I'd have one in a heart beat

Hmmm. have you got any pics of that red one Gvido? And details, do you know if it's still there? I know loadsa lads that'd buy that.

urSXp.jpg

1t5BZ.jpg

No idea if it's still there. It was July 2012 when I looked at it.

I also stumbled upon this place...

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.995037,-8.520441,3a,75y,9.71h,74.66t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1swLp_OJjykZ83arCPe2o6hg!2e0

biTSNsd.jpg

qQNfjcL.jpg

I'll have to see if there's any old pics, I'd love to get the reg and see what the story is with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Brasso

Bpmull wrote: »

I often see a silver mk4 golf around Dun Laoghaire with the Japanese style rear reg plate area.

Brasso wrote: »
    I often see a silver mk4 golf around Dun Laoghaire with the Japanese style rear reg plate area.

Could be just a replaced bumper. North America has that type of reg plate area and a lot of people, including myself prefer that look over the wide European one.

Brasso wrote: »

10391422_892213344154224_9145676628948335284_n.jpg?oh=a45d8df434b0766ad14f601b105a45a9&oe=55803EEE

This yoke?

• Advertisement

****e

****e

Que?

10391422_892213344154224_9145676628948335284_n.jpg?oh=a45d8df434b0766ad14f601b105a45a9&oe=55803EEE

This yoke?

I'll hazard a guess here and speculate that that Golf is an American import and not a Jap import :D

No need for Inspector Morse, the steering wheel on the "wrong" side was the give away clue :pac:

What I'd like to know is why doesn't the reg start with "12" as it's an import.
    Likewise with with some D reg Vauxhalls I see that don't have "12" as the starting digits, as should be the case with Dublin imports and 40 with Cork imports etc

It has a Jap style rear bumper though (square plate) and there aren't many silver/grey MK4 Golfs around south co. Dublin like the one mentioned by Brasso.

It's not got a 120xxx plate because it was imported before 2011.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

That Golf has been in Rathmines since like 2007.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Brasso

It has a Jap style rear bumper though (square plate) and there aren't many silver/grey MK4 Golfs around south co. Dublin like the one mentioned by Brasso.

It's not got a 120xxx plate because it was imported before 2011.

I don't think that was the one I seen, think it's just a regular silver rather than the metallic gray. I'll try get a pic if I see it again.

bazz26 wrote: »

I'd put a 520d badge on the back of that. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

bazz26 wrote: »

too bad it's an SE, those seats and wheel...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

rocky wrote: »
    too bad it's an SE, those seats and wheel...

That really depends, nobody would look twice at it over every other 520d out there. It's a sleeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Can still be a sleeper with nice seats.

It's an ex diplomatic car.

They're all the same, bog standard spec ****e.

Even I wouldn't at that price. My gf's Dad's E60 is identical to that and its grim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

A bit of shameless self promotion here's my own car for sale :(.

Any critique or tips on the ad are more than welcome or even better if anyone want's to buy it get in touch :).

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-330i-m-sport-long-tax-nct/8921296

A bit of shameless self promotion here's my own car for sale :(.

Any critique or tips on the ad are more than welcome or even better if anyone want's to buy it get in touch :).

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-330i-m-sport-long-tax-nct/8921296

Very nice BMW, might be a hard sell with the current Irish fascination with low tax diesels. Might actually sell better in the U.k and you'll have a nice VRT rebate too.

It might benefit with a picture of the actual service history and any receipts you have for it.

What is its replacement?

Some photos of the other side of the car would help too

• Advertisement

Dia1988 wrote: »
    Very nice BMW, might be a hard sell with the current Irish fascination with low tax diesels. Might actually sell better in the U.k and you'll have a nice VRT rebate too.

It might benefit with a picture of the actual service history and any receipts you have for it.

What is its replacement?

Yea was thinking about UK alright would you advertise it on pistonheads?

Yea Ill add pictures of service book and receipts thanks.

Sadly it's replacement is a million miles apart from it. A diesel Passat.

Second baby on the way trying to buy a house and doing a lot more mileage is pushing me to sell it something cheaper to run for two years or so then ill be back on the hunt for something powerful and exciting again. Thinking either petrol again or stick with diesel and buy a classic big petrol, ill decide when the time comes.

I'll be a sad man handing the keys over to the new owner it's a fantastic car to drive.

Some photos of the other side of the car would help too

There is photos of both sides of the car ;).

They're really not great though. Stand a bit close to the car and take them all in the one location.

May as well add a video while you're at it and include the hum of the engine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

Nice Beemer, say not many in Ireland want a 3 litre, whats the tax on it out of interest as apparently my Lexus is 2grand a year or something.

If you put it into auto trader maybe? I know a dealer here who buys used cars can send you details if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭surpy

Might mention that it's 9 months legit tax and not 1 litre conversion tax.
    When I see that much tax on a car for sale I get suspicious!

If it's taxed funny new owner will be in trouble so if you mention it's proper tax you might avoid someone ignoring your ad with all the media attention at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭surpy

It's an ex diplomatic car.

They're all the same, bog standard spec ****e.

Even I wouldn't at that price. My gf's Dad's E60 is identical to that and its grim.

Spec seems pretty decent? Other than SE seats and running gear, which is actually preferred if someone else is driving you imo

Hachiko wrote: »
    Nice Beemer, say not many in Ireland want a 3 litre, whats the tax on it out of interest as apparently my Lexus is 2grand a year or something.

If you put it into auto trader maybe? I know a dealer here who buys used cars can send you details if you want.

The tax on it is 1494 a year and worth it imo.

Yea send on the details can't do any harm thanks. Might try auto trader also

surpy wrote: »
    Might mention that it's 9 months legit tax and not 1 litre conversion tax.
    When I see that much tax on a car for sale I get suspicious!

If it's taxed funny new owner will be in trouble so if you mention it's proper tax you might avoid someone ignoring your ad with all the media attention at the moment

True enough ill add a picture of the tax disc also for proof.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

This yoke?

That colour was only available as an option in North America unless I'm mistaken.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement