Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Today I saw a car for sale

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Now this is a candidate for Irelands most honest ad if nowt else: http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/renault-megane/9233102?offset=30

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

GvidoR wrote: »
    Did you think I was really interested or think that the ad is genuine?

Yes. Yes I did. (Comment may require pinch of salt :) )

Now this is a candidate for Irelands most honest ad if nowt else: http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/renault-megane/9233102?offset=30

It certainly is not overselling the car. Wonder why he felt the need to hide the reg?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Damn all the ads of the cars posted today except for the honest car ad are all taking down. Never even got to see the scam ad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

It certainly is not overselling the car. Wonder why he felt the need to hide the reg?

Shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Dont know what the fuss is about. Sounds like a pretty typical Megane ownership experience!!

Seriously though , god bless her. Even the poor car is hiding behind the tree, like if you caught your dog eating out of the bin and he runs out to hide in the garden knowing your gonna kill him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

Dont know what the fuss is about. Sounds like a pretty typical Megane ownership experience!!

Seriously though , god bless her. Even the poor car is hiding behind the tree, like if you caught your dog eating out of the bin and he runs out to hide in the garden knowing your gonna kill him.

I reckon it sustained a frontal impact at one point hence steering rack, tie rod ends etc going. Plus the rear passenger wheel seems to have come from a scrapyard (tipex writing on it)

Not even a Megane could be that unreliable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Damn all the ads of the cars posted today except for the honest car ad are all taking down. Never even got to see the scam ad.

You're welcome.

NcnwCyZ.png
    ki3BxOM.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

It looks like someone was trying to make out a scam.. I'd imagine that the "potential buyer" will get in contact with the "seller", and then the seller would ask for them to transfer the money to their account and they'll claim that they will deliver the car to X location. And then you guessed it, no car - and the "buyer" is out €X amount.

But seriously, you'd want to have something wrong with you to notice that ad isnt legit (i.e. Poor quality of photos, the layout of the ad, the fake number & can only get in contact by email, THE PRICE!!)

What a shame that advert has been taken down!

I would have paid him in full by western union for the bargain price Golf!

Thought I had got doubly lucky, because as of this morning I am now a Multi-Millionaire!! All Thanks to a Prince in Algeria that needs my bank details and credit card details to hide his fortune, in return I get 25% of his trillions!!

Seriously though, I think same applies to those scam emails. Some say they are purposely written with poor grammar and English to attract the most gullible person(s) thereby saving time by not attracting the less gullible who may then twig something not quite right.

"If you're stupid from the start you'll attract stupid all the way through" is probably the motto of these scammers.

Dia1988 wrote: »
    Thought I had got doubly lucky, because as of this morning I am now a Multi-Millionaire!! All Thanks to a Prince in Algeria that needs my bank details and credit card details to hide his fortune, in return I get 25% of his trillions!!

Did he contact you as well? Damn... I was fully sure he picked me and only me as he said so in the email I received. I had all my details ready to send and had it saved in my drafts but after reading your post I am not going to send my details. Thanks for the heads up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

BMW 1983 335i 3.6L - €7500

Looks immaculate, definitely unique nowadays.

YjEwMjEyMzQ0YmE5ZjdiM2M5MzQzYzM2MTZkNjk5Nzi1HK757e-p_VQNbMGl2_OZaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vODY3MTkxNDRkZWRkMzIwOGJhMzQwNjIxZjg3ZTAyZTQzODQxMDdkYzgyNTU2YWIyNTVhZWJkYjY1N2I5MjE5YS5qcGd8fHx8fHwzOTZ4MjY0fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

1983 E30 in Henna Red. Massive spec -

WMS Front BBK
    Eisenmann exhaust
    Full sports leather interior
    Electric windows / sunroof
    Full Tec 1 kit
    M30B35 engine
    Bilstein B4 shocks
    Eibach Pro Kit
    Retrimmed 370mm Tec 1 steering wheel

Just passed NCT on the 10th March, on vintage tax at 56 p/a.

Will consider interesting swaps, nothing post 1995.

http://www.adverts.ie/car/bmw/3-series/1983-bmw-3-series-335i/8000661

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Throw it in the shed ready to pull back out when the world goes to pot Mad Max style...

41557891.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

What a beaut!!!! *in best Alf Stewart accent*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Daycent ute yoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Absolute classic
    But totally useless
    Beautifull motor..!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Who want's a €75,000, 24 year old B12 8 Series:

bmw-alpina-b12-coupe-116707770-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Hahaha, more over priced old BMW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Is it though?

I'm fairly sure that very car was for sale a few months back. I remember the pics.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

h3000 wrote:
    I'm fairly sure that very car was for sale a few months back. I remember the pics.

Yep I remember that too, that background is fairly memorable.

• Advertisement

h3000 wrote: »
    Is it though?

7k for a 6 year old looking diesel coupe with 2 years NCT is good value in my books

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭ofcork

A guy on gt cork has a 2011 5 series on for 6k,dont know what hes up to as has had a pile of ads like this up and the photos look to be taken in someones drive.

ofcork wrote: »
    A guy on gt cork has a 2011 5 series on for 6k,dont know what hes up to as has had a pile of ads like this up and the photos look to be taken in someones drive.

Its obviously a scam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭ofcork

Oh I know just wondering what the scam is as no number on his ads ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd love a Laguna coupe. Need back doors for the foreseeable though

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I'd love a Laguna coupe. Need back doors for the foreseeable though

Is your Civic 3 or 5 door colm

5. 3 if you squint

QhO4j6.jpg

This is too cute.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/vw-golf-1-6-sr/9425237?offset=19
    volkswagen golf 1.6 ,,sr model,,rare car

Even went into halfords and bought S and R badge and stuck them (badly) to the boot

What the seller may not know, is that SR written on the engine cover isn't some super sporty trim level, rather an indicator that this engine is the bottom of the barrel 1.6 8 valve 101bhp engine.

SR Indicating a variable intake manifold.

Those Halfords badges just never look right on anything

• Advertisement

I must admit to having used them in the past (about 8 years ago)

http://www.adverts.ie/car/cars/other-cars/95-mitsubishi-fto-2-0-gpx-mivec-197bhp-huge-spec/42917

hu2Erm.jpg

^^They have come down a lot in price since then.

Indeed, I got full asking price too.

Can't remember what I bought it for, but it was much less than that. Spent silly money on stuff for it though.

Wow, 6k way back then.

500 gets you one of those now

Gets you a wrecked one, or a 1.8 usually. They have dropped though. Insurance killed them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

colm_mcm wrote: »
    This is too cute.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/vw-golf-1-6-sr/9425237?offset=19

Even went into halfords and bought S and R badge and stuck them (badly) to the boot

What the seller may not know, is that SR written on the engine cover isn't some super sporty trim level, rather an indicator that this engine is the bottom of the barrel 1.6 8 valve 101bhp engine.

SR Indicating a variable intake manifold.

Still a better engine than the 1.6 16v that came after it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Selling my e36 already :D
    looking to get back into a terrios/jimny or another small hot hatch:D

Im a bit weird like that ;)

and I know its slightly overpriced :pac:

http://www.adverts.ie/car/bmw/other-bmw/1997-bmw/8025447

Oh no. Are you selling it because of medium-high tax and/or insurance? Otherwise I think the E36 is a nicer car than a Terios or a Jimny.

looking for something more disposable that i wont mind kids eating ice cream in lol and something i can do battle in down a country road and not give a sh1t if i dent it,

i can afford the tax its just a bit of a stretch as ive decided to start saving for a trip to hungary in nov:cool:

Oh no. Are you selling it because of medium-high tax and/or insurance? Otherwise I think the E36 is a nicer car than a Terios or a Jimny.

You've obviously never spent time with a Jimny. :cool:

For the record, I've owned an E36 and I've rented a rough Jimny. The Jimny was much more fun, felt much fast (even if it wasn't) and never failed to put a smile on my face. The 318Ci was pretty dead to drive and that's when it worked.

Ive driven both and owned the Terrios and its 99% as fun offroad only not as much aftermarket support id quess,:cool:

having said that decent terrioses can be also picked up for well under 1k:D

thats where im aiming first

• Advertisement

CianRyan wrote: »
    You've obviously never spent time with a Jimny. :cool:

For the record, I've owned an E36 and I've rented a rough Jimny. The Jimny was much more fun, felt much fast (even if it wasn't) and never failed to put a smile on my face. The 318Ci was pretty dead to drive and that's when it worked.

Ofcourse the Jimny felt much faster, it was rented. You could redline in and don't give a sh!t about it. :pac:

But yeah, I haven't been inside a Jimny. I don't have much experience with Japanese cars. I prefer the looks of the E36 though and I would imagine with a decent engine it's plenty of fun. Ask YbFocus. :P

Ofcourse the Jimny felt much faster, it was rented. You could redline in and don't give a sh!t about it. :pac:

But yeah, I haven't been inside a Jimny. I don't have much experience with Japanese cars. I prefer the looks of the E36 though and I would imagine with a decent engine it's plenty of fun. Ask YbFocus. :P

I've hit redline on pretty much every car I've ever driven. No worries there. :pac:

Yeah, a 325 would be great I'm sure but he's got the same sluggish 1.9 I had.

CianRyan wrote: »
    I've hit redline on pretty much every car I've ever driven. No worries there. :pac:

Yeah, a 325 would be great I'm sure but he's got the same sluggish 1.9 I had.

I had an even more sluggish 1.7td, I guess the 1.9 wouldn't seem so bad to me. :P

my e36 is the 1.9 dohc 16v version with almost 140bhp and it feels pretty tame tbf more of a cruiser with the added bonus of the odd random skid:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

Driving perfect? With a flat tire?

would not put me off, thats a very good sleeper. If the milage pans out would be a bargain.

Hachiko wrote: »
    would not put me off, thats a very good sleeper. If the milage pans out would be a bargain.

Oh I don't have a beef with the car as such. But that sentence does stick out as a bit of auld horlicks... :pac:
    He could have said "Drove perfectly a few years ago before being laid up"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

Oh I don't have a beef with the car as such. But that sentence does stick out as a bit of auld horlicks... :pac:
    He could have said "Drove perfectly a few years ago before being laid up"

Terrible wording for sure, that is a fantastic motor tbh. Much better than a tdi tractor everyone buys. But usual tax is the killer problem. Even with expensive tax it would be a fine thing ... (with a new tyre :p)

Drive home - with no tax or NCT

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement