Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

blade 4 hard as a rock

• 03-11-2011 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

I got my blade 4 board about 6 months ago and its as hard as a rock. Almost every throw I'm loosing a dart and sometimes 2 due to bounce outs. Before anyone asks my darts are sharp and no way blunt.
    I play for a county team and have had no problem playing on other boards each week.
    Dose anybody have any ideas on how to soften a board or can this be even done?
    Also has anybody noticed how easy the wire around the treble 20 seems to bend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 weirs

Baby oil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Dicie

6 months.

180 days.

You paid €34 ish for the board im guessing.

You have paid abit less than 19 cent per day, i think you have got value for money if im being honest here

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭dvae

Dicie wrote: »
    6 months.

180 days.

You paid €34 ish for the board I'm guessing.

You have paid abit less than 19 cent per day, i think you have got value for money if I'm being honest here

Perhaps 6 months is the life of a dartboard nowadays but i only threw at it a couple times a week . I have had other boards in the past and got much more time from them (over a year).
    Even though the blade 4 has really come down in price i think i will not go with it again.
    Its odd there are "lesser quality" boards than the blade 4 in Argos but for more money. I only need it for a bit of practice anyway. I don't mind a few staples and getting the odd bounce out as long as it lasts longer and the darts generally stay in the board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Dicie

dvae wrote: »
    Perhaps 6 months is the life of a dartboard nowadays but i only threw at it a couple times a week . I have had other boards in the past and got much more time from them (over a year).
    Even though the blade 4 has really come down in price i think i will not go with it again.
    Its odd there are "lesser quality" boards than the blade 4 in Argos but for more money. I only need it for a bit of practice anyway. I don't mind a few staples and getting the odd bounce out as long as it lasts longer and the darts generally stay in the board.

It depends where you buy it if you ask me m8.

Argos is a complete disaster, whatever way the boards are stored, they just dont seem to be up to spec, infact i wud not be shocked to find out there buy seconds from the big companys.

The eclipse pro board lately aswell has been very dodgy.

If they can still be got, the blade 3 lasts longest andis the best board produced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

Get a new one dude. I got one last week for €26.99 in argus.

• Advertisement
Advertisement