Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do promote charity events in Limerick?

• 03-11-2011 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I have a upcoming charity event and am looking to promote it has anyone got any ideas besides a facebook event page.
    I am considering contacting Rich Anthon from IloveLimerick but it looks like they have managed to annoy a lot of people even though it looks like they do a lot of good work as well?

Any Ideas / Suggestions from boards?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Whats the charity event? I'm sure Rich would cover it for you and give you some press (even if some people don't like him).

Try having a press launch about it, and invite the Local press & Dignitrys (Y'know the ones, they just love getting into photos!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1577163977

That's Fran O'Donnell

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Managing-Director-Futureama-Productions-Ltd/174139015973818

Try getting in touch with him - he's a good contact for what you're looking for!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Here, social networks, local radio stations - Lyric, 95fm, Spin, Regional Hospital radio all worth a go, local newspapers, the two websites that like Limerick (:D)....Press is press regardless.

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 baggypants007

<snip>

Thanks for all the suggestions.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Well if it's a charity event it should not matter who you think is fake, A lot of people might not like Rich from I Love Limerick but they do a lot of work for charity and they do have a big name and a lot of contacts. IMO - for a charity event I would try get as many people as I could to cover the event - I Love Limerick, Munster Images, Limerick Post, Leader, etc... Setting up an event page on facebook is not a bad idea, you want as many people as you can to know about this event and EVERYONE is on Facebook these days. I hope what ever road you take it all works out for you and the charity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

All the bitching about Ilovelimerick seems to just be person preference about personalities which really has no standing on what they are trying to achieve, I read that they recently won a national award for their work with Doras
    "On 25 October 2011 ILoveLimerick.com won a national award for highlighting mulch-cultural life in Limerick. The website run by Richard Lynch scooped the online media award at the 2011 Metro Éireann Media and Multicultural Awards in Dublin overnight."

So are a good port of call to get your charity publicity, unless you don't like someone who is enthusiastic and full of energy.

As someone else suggested, get yourself a facebook page, make sure you already have a plan for what you want to do, get in contact with as many people as possible, the more advertising the better for a charity event, as some people only read facebook, some only read newspapers, some only listen to the radio, so best get to all of those outlets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

I'd also consider sponsoring it, if I knew what charity it was :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

bad and all as you might think he is, Rich Anton is probably yer man........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Rich Anthon is sure not camera shy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 baggypants007

Whats the charity event? I'm sure Rich would cover it for you and give you some press (even if some people don't like him).

Try having a press launch about it, and invite the Local press & Dignitrys (Y'know the ones, they just love getting into photos!)

we are just in the planning stages and if you are a vat registered company we can certainly look into getting some sponsorship, so if you would like to pm with the type of business you are in and if you are vat registered,

I am really considering using Ilovelimerick to help promote the charity event,but it is all really down to cost, and how much ilovelimerick would charge to promote and cover the charity event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Can we know what kind of an event it is you're planning and for what Charity? we might be able to help you more..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Just watched the latest video that ILovelimerick posted online

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TEAO5Aa2aF4

Is it just me is was that painful to watch???

Is that Rich Anthon/Lynch guy like that all the time or is it put on for the cameras???

If so I would hate working with somone so fake.

I think we will follow the other advice on here for starters.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

:D

I think most people who watched that will be

tumblr_lsk4lqZ0Yd1qdtw79o3_400.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

• Someone looking for free publicity? Strike 1.
    • Someone taking cheap-shots at a local personality? Strike 2.
    • Someone posting a silly picture? Strike 3.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement