Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porch Leaking

• 03-11-2011 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭

We got our windows front back double glazed about 2 years ago and last tuesday with the bad weather i noticed the concrete roof of porch was leaking

so i rang the guys who did the double glazing and they came out and from waht i can see they used the white sealant on the outside of the porch

so imaginge my surprise when a week later i go out and see it leaking again

on closer inspection i have noticed that in that quarter of the roof there i a belly and when i put pressure on it the belly part was completely moving

seems to me that this has been letting water in for a while and its only now the water is getting through and coming down and i noticed the hole were it is coming down when i put a pen up it was about 2.5 inches

i include photos for you to see and was wondering if u have any advice,

i would like to know would this have been caused by the original windows people who did not seal it properly or would this have happeend anyway

many thanks for your advice .

IMG_1295.jpg

IMG_1296.jpg

IMG_1297.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

if your roof is leaking why did you get the glazers out? it may also be an external flashing and external photo would help to answer that

but from your other post on the cracked eaves, it seems to me its time to start saving for some refurbishment work. get a professional out who is not biased to any particular trade! make a list of what wrong with your house and ask them to prioritise what you need/ can afford to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

The roof of the porch is leaking, nothing to do with the windows.

Need to post some pics of the roof outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭faolteam

concrete roof was a porch

the glazers put the porch around it

i get the imoression that it may have not been sealed ie a little hole in it and the water filled up over the year or two and then when a hole came in it the water started coming out

when i lifted the part of celing of porch were the bubble is in it was lifting up

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

faolteam wrote: »

i get the imoression that it may have not been sealed ie a little hole in it and the water filled up over the year or two and then when a hole came in it the water started coming out

when i lifted the part of celing of porch were the bubble is in it was lifting up
    ???
    get a architect out to see what the problem is and who is responsible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭creedp

faolteam wrote: »

Don't mean to intrude in this discussion but are you saying that originally the 'porch' was simply a concrete overhang and you got windows installed all around the perimeter of this overhang to seal it off from the elements? Now the leak is comming in somewhere along this perimeter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭faolteam

yes i would say that

Advertisement