Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Please

• 03-11-2011 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭

inside my bedroom were the celing comes down at an angle to the wall there has been a black mould ,

i have noticed also that out side my bedroom window under the gable of the roof the masonary has been cracking and falling down in bits and as it falls it leaves the roof with metal exposed i enclose it in picture

this is a terraced house and i also noticed alot of houses in the row are having the same problem

what should i do , iis the house falling down??

IMG_1291-1.jpg

IMG_1294.jpg

IMG_1290-1.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Is the gutter clean or blocked?
    It looks as if water is getting in behind the concrete soffit - this may be causing the re-bar to rust, which is the reason why the concrete is breaking up and could be the cause of mould/damp in your room.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

you have a leak or a cold bridge, probably both, but deal with the leak first.
    the rebar is exposed and it is rusting, meaning if left untreated things will get worse especially in cold weather.
    get a professional out to take a look, and then on their recommendations get a builder in.
    its not a major job, if your in a terrace condiser getting EWI to deal with heat loss, and once ventilation is maintained/installed this could help reduce the mould..
    I know one guy whose eternal wall insulation (EWI) only cost 100€ (4000€ grant - work totalling 4100€)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭faolteam

this please,

seems like a great deal 100 euro for 4000 work

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

faolteam wrote: »
    this please,

seems like a great deal 100 euro for 4000 work
    you miss the point??? you pay 4100 but the grant covers 4000 so 100 was paid..

I sorry but i'm not PM'n you as having read your other posts elsewhere, its clear you need an arch/ Engineer or architect technician with BER qualifications to come out and assess you house, as you to much going on to be getting individual trades in.. that's why your porch is leaking!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭faolteam

So what ur saying is u pay 4100 euro and then u get a grant a cheque for 4000 so it cost 100 euro,

i have a roofer coming out on wednesday
    BryanF wrote: »
    you miss the point??? you pay 4100 but the grant covers 4000 so 100 was paid..

I sorry but i'm not PM'n you as having read your other posts elsewhere, its clear you need an arch/ Engineer or architect technician with BER qualifications to come out and assess you house, as you to much going on to be getting individual trades in.. that's why your porch is leaking!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement