Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking Advice- telco engineer and nurse wanting to get away from the nonsense...

Options
  • 03-11-2011 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi guys,

thanks in advance for any advice or experiences-
    I'm a qualified telecoms engineer with an MSc and 5years operations experience, and my partner is a nurse. We are in a lucky position (thankfully) as neither of us have lost our jobs in Dublin and still have job options within Ireland.
    I'm just getting sick of all of the nonsense here (please leave all the "at least you have a job" stick for another post), we earn reasonable salaries but still have some loans to pay off here. I have my own debts to pay off without having to pay off some other bunch of entitled idiots' debts.

does anybody have any advice of where could be a decent destination to move to for a few years, where we may be able to earn similiar levels of wages and won't get screwed tax-wise?

Thanks! (mini-rant over)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I'm in the Middle East the last two years and really enjoying it. While we have seen some trouble (I'm in Bahrain), it is still not the worst place in the world to live and work.

The likes of Qatar and UAE are particularly stable, and certainly worth considering as their economies are growing thanks to oil and gas revenues. I would steer clear of Saudi Arabia unless you like living in a medium security prison (fellow ex-pat's words, not mine).

Advertisement