Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cube/ Canyon Mtb advice please

• 03-11-2011 1:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭

Could any of you more experienced MTB riders on here give me any opinions on this Cube Mtb.

I got into MTB about this time last year and have been riding a GT Aggressor X2 hardtail. I have been thinking of upgrading to a better bike and was looking at the Grand Canyon AL 6, but this Cube linked below has caught my eye...

I will mostly be riding the trails around Wicklow (Ballinastoe, Ticknock, Slade Valley), and the occasional trip to Ballyhoura and the Cooley mts hopefully.

Am I better of sticking with a hardtail like the AL6 or should I go for the full-sus. I can get tis Cube for just under 1100euro delivered. My budget is about a grand.

Thanks for any help/opinions,

Regards , Confused !!!

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=57263

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Tough choice, and not too much between them. It depends really if you want full sus or a hardtail.
    Personally, I'd go with the Cube as I prefer full suspension but it would also be hard to reject any Canyon. Not being much help am I...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭redzone

Thanks for the reply Trigger,

Has anyone else here got a Cube AMS Comp, whats your opinion. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

well you have been biking on a HT for a year, why not mix it up and try the full susser to see what its like? are you holding onto your HT? if so id definitely go with the cube

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭redzone

Thanks Icy,

I've never ridden a full-sus so don't know how much of a difference it would make. Any advice appreciated :)

Will probably move on my GT as I'm on the road bike alot aswell so it would become a dust collector.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

sure get the cube, hold onto the gt until you've ridden the cube a few times and if you prefer it to a HT sell the gt and if you dont like the cube it would be very easy to sell it on.

Tbh i prefer full suspension bikes a whole load more than HT's, there just nicer bikes to ride over rough stuff in my opinion, HT's are great to start out on to learn your bike handling skills though as full suspension bikes tend to make some stuff much easier, which tbh i see as a good thing but some dont.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Once I bought a full sus bike I never rode my HT again. Like has been said, it's much nicer once the going gets rough. A bit heavier, but I'm not into weight weenie-ness as I'm too fat myself to bother how much the bike weighs.

Advertisement