Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an area

Options
  • 03-11-2011 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭

Im not familar with south dublin and will be looking for a house share soon and looking for a suitable area.

near a luas stop.
    couple of decent supermarkets.
    young professional area with a couple of good pubs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Which Luas? Red or Green?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭AstonMartin

Green

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Ballyfermot...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭AstonMartin

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Ballyfermot...

not what I had in mind

• Registered Users Posts: 40 befriend1

Hey

Well even though I lived on the North side of Dublin and loved it you can't really go far wrong living on the South side. The pricing is higher but there are a lot of nice areas and if you are new to Dublin that is what you will need. Then when you get to know the place you can see what suits you. :)

Ranelagh on the Green Line is gorgeous and has shops, restaurants and a lovely atmosphere. It is a 'professional# area and quite peaceful.

http://www.luas.ie/luas-green-line-stops/

From Stephens Green to Kilmacud are all pretty nice and close to Dublin.

Good luck

• Advertisement

Green line, pubs close, I would suggest Ranelagh or Rathmines. The Luas goes through Ranelagh in two areas (Beechwood and Ranelagh) and it's only a ten minute walk from Rathmines.

ETA: It's only a 20 minute walk from Ranelagh to Stephen's Green too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Ranelagh (again) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Tupamaros

Live round Ranelagh myself. Lovely place and on luas line/walking distance to Stephen's Green. Plenty of pubs/food.

As for supermarkets, there is a Superquinn here. But 10 min walk will have you at Lidl, Aldi or Tesco in Rathmines.

Advertisement